25

It's already been about two weeks since Yixing has left, and still not even a silhouette of Yixing came in sight.

Today, Junmyeon has invited Baekhyun in his house. They already have discussed many things about the importance of coordinance and unity in the group so that it can be called a true union, and also about Baekhyun now living in Junmyeon's house. That's why Baekhyun has packed his belongings and also has brought it at Junmyeon's house.

But then while they are talking, Junmyeon hands him several keys binded by a key ring.

"H-Hyung.." Baekhyun trails off as he looks up at Junmyeon and frowns in confusion. "What d-do you mean..? I thought I'll stay with you.."

"I've made my mind, Baekhyun.. It's time for you. And it's time for me. It's better for me to stay at my house at the territory before.. alone.. than my house here now. That way, I can quickly call on a union meeting and such, and if Yixing comes back.. you'll surely be good in spreading the news. As for you, it's good for you to stay here, with only yourself. I know there's still a deep wound in your heart regarding what happened between you and Kyungsoo. So I think, being alone can help you move on from what happened."

"I-I.." Baekhyun trails off and looks down. "Thank you.."

Junmyeon smiles weakly before he stands up to leave. "Take care, Baekhyun.."

* * * * *

"I know I should trust him.. That.. That he will come back.. But.." Junmyeon screws his eyes shut as he makes a pained sound.

The members are currently having a union meeting inside Zitao's house, sitting on the floor beside the bed where Sehun is laying, still recovering, and making a circle.

"Junmyeon.." Yifan mumbles as he rubs Junmyeon's upper back. "When Yixing said he will come back, he meant he really will. That was a promise, wasn't it?"

Junmyeon huffs and looks up at Yifan. "Really now?" he asks with a gaze Yifan knows so well. "You surely know how to talk."

"Junmyeon, it's not—"  Yifan starts before he cuts himself.

"Promising to come back and never doing so. Isn't that what you did to me before?" Junmyeon asks and chuckles halfhearted-ly. "And you tell me other people won't do the same? Okay then," Junmyeon mutters and laughs dryly.

Zitao looks at Junmyeon with a frown, but he looks away when Yifan seems to notice it.

Jongdae clears his throat only to fill the silence.

"So, what's that supposed to mean?" Baekhyun then asks. "You were.." he trails off as he raises two fingers up from his right hand and then puts them together. "Like this?"

Yifan looks away, avoiding all eye contact, while Junmyeon shuffles on his seat.

Lu Han glances at Minseok for a small amount of time before averting his gaze up at Sehun, sighing softly. Sehun still doesn't know about it.

Jongdae notices this so he inches closer to Minseok and stakes his claim on the alpha by kissing up Minseok's jaw, putting his hand on Minseok's thigh and squeezing lightly.

"I know, I know.. I'm all yours," Minseok then mumbles and chuckles, turning to Jongdae and cupping his face to kiss him on the forehead. "Don't worry.."

Baekhyun, who is beside Jongdae, can only pout enviously and sulk in the corner.

"I think.. it shouldn't matter, right? Who your past is..?" Lu Han questions to change the mixed reactions of the union members on the scene infront of them.