28

"You mean you thought it reverses the spell itself but it turned out to only reverse any side-effects of the casting?"

"Yes," Suede says as she swings her right leg over her left leg. "So that's why he doesn't know about this, the union and all. All the memories he has stops at the casting of the spell at that day when also Minseok got casted on."

"And you mean you're really not a real witch?" Baekhyun questions.

"Yes. After the time I tried to reverse the spell I casted on Yixing, I started to remember everything about myself, like the first time I shifted, the time I knew my rank, the last full moon I howled for, and the fight where I lost my memory, which left me with a wand and a spell book from I don't know who."

"Then why are you casting spells if you aren't a witch? How did it work?"

"I tried to use the wand and it surprisingly worked, but of course I'm not a real witch, so maybe that's why I didn't really know what I'm doing even after years and years of having the wand in my hands. Since I didn't remember anything about what I was, I wanted to have a way to protect myself from anyone who might try to harm me, so I still used it anyway."

"I don't think I looked like I would harm," Minseok says, and Lu Han nods in agreement.

"But I wasn't the reason, remember? It's Jongdae. He pushed me and suddenly the spell fell on you. It was entirely Jongdae's fault."

"If I hadn't been so insensitive, it wouldn't have gone that far that he had to run away," Minseok says. "So it's not entirely his fault, Suede. He was born with an uneducated family thinking only alphas could give them fame and power, and that time he was still trying to accept himself and—"

"Minseok, i-it's fine," Jongdae says and squeezes Minseok's thigh. "I'm fine." Minseok smiles back and places his hand over Jongdae's.

"I'm glad you are."

Jongdae reaches over and rests his head on Minseok's chest.

"Gosh, I'm surprised there are still no ants here.." Baekhyun says.

"Let's go back to the topic," Lu Han firmly says with a frown, making Baekhyun giggle.

"Ohh.. someone's jealous.." Baekhyun teases, making Sehun look away and sigh deeply.

"I'm not jealous," Lu Han defensively snarls, inching closer to Sehun and interlacing their hands. "I just really want to know the truth, that's all."

Sehun scoffs and yanks his hand away, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back on the couch.

"Sehun," Lu Han mutters, but Sehun only looks farther to the side, rolling his eyes. "Sehun, I—"

"Shut up," Sehun angrily says. "I'm not getting my treat today? I don't care. You stay on the couch tonight. No one's touching me."

Lu Han sighs in defeat and glares at Baekhyun. "We just made up last night~" he whines at the hybrid but the said hybrid only laughs evilly.

"Serves you right. Keeping things like that from your own mate is not good, you know," Baekhyun says and sticks his tongue out.

"Is your group always like this?" Suede questions and faces Zitao.

"W-What? Ask this, not me," Zitao grumbles and points to Yifan. But Yifan only shrugs.

"It started to be like this because of Baekhyun," Kyungsoo says, and Baekhyun turns to him with a glare.

"Hey!" Baekhyun shouts and goes to him. "I thought we're friends..!"

"We're not friends though," Kyungsoo says and smiles weakly, stroking Jongin's hair, listening to the younger's soft snores while he sleeps leaning on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "My only friend is my kitchen counter."

Baekhyun makes a face and turns to Minseok, but then cringes when he sees the mates making out in the very couch.

"Oh my freaking gosh, you two!" he exclaims and throws them three square pillows. "Not here, assholes!"

Jongdae groans and rubs his nape before he sticks his tongue out. "You're just envious."

"Well what if I am? Will you let me, you know, again? Last time was unforgettable.."

Everyone frowns in confusion except the interrogated mates, and Baekhyun who smirks knowingly.

"In your dreams," Minseok mutters before he pulls Jongdae's head back down for another hungry kiss.

Baekhyun pouts and sulks again, same as Lu Han.

"Hey, Lu Han hyung, do you perhaps allow a three—"

"Shut up, Byun," Lu Han snarls.

"Yeah, shut up. Just shut up," Sehun mumbles quietly.

"Sehu—"

"You, too. Shut up," Sehun mutters, making Lu Han pout.

* * * * *

"Look at these two. Last time they're fighting, now they're being lovey-dovey again.." Junmyeon says and chuckles as he points at Lu Han who is burying his nose in Sehun's neck, holding Sehun's waist tightly and possessively, while Sehun only chuckles and nods to what Lu Han is talking about.

"That's how mates are," Suede says and smiles. "They can't tolerate not being with each other for so long."

"But why did Yixing take it?" Junmyeon suddenly asks, and he's startled by his own question as well when Suede raises his eyebrows in surprise.

"Because he doesn't know," Suede says. "He doesn't know that he had found his mate already."

"Why don't you tell him then?"

"That won't work, Junmyeon. You can't force mates to find each other or anything of the same strand. They themselves should do it, find each other. And no one else should be forcing it."

Junmyeon purses his lips in dismay.

"So, what should we do?" Baekhyun intervenes as he sits beside Junmyeon, then asking Junmyeon with his eyes if it is okay. Junmyeon nods and sighs.

"Let him figure this out himself, then if ever he comes here again, no one should do anything too overwhelming. He still doesn't remember everything that happened in the union when he was here so you all are supposed to take it slow with him," Suede says.

"But is he safe with you? I mean, in your territory? What if hunters attack him again? We all know that the group of hunters still isn't completely defeated. So if someone attacks Yixing—"

"Shit. I have to go then," Suede says, standing up abruptly. "I have to make sure he's safe. He's easy to deceive, just like when those two hunters deceived him before, that they're his parents. I need to keep him safe."

Junmyeon nods and holds Suede's arm, gulping with a concerned gaze. "Please keep my mate away from danger."

"I promise. As an alpha, and as a new union member, I promise," Suede reassures and smiles. "I need to go."

Junmyeon releases Suede's hand and nods. "I trust you."