19

Junmyeon comes home from doing his own errands at the city with a weird feeling as soon as he steps in his house, and he knows and senses why immediately.

He's not smelling Yixing's presence.

Junmyeon heads to Yixing's room with his vampire speed but as soon as he opens the door to the omega's room, he falls to the ground because of a certain vampire-weakening scent.

Junmyeon tries to combat the powerful scent but Yixing's omega scent has heightened it all and even he who is a born vampire is being deeply affected.

"Who did this?" Junmyeon asks himself in a drained voice, mustering enough power to use his hands in pushing himself up to a barely sitting position, head still aching and limbs suffering sudden fatigue.

Then he sees Yixing's note at the doorway and he frowns, trying to concentrate on reading than on his will to pass out.

-

My mate, Kim Junmyeon, leader of the union,

I want to tell you how I feel, that I like being with you, that I love how you take care of me, that I thank you for everything you did for me, and that I'm sorry for everything I did to you.

-

Junmyeon frowns as he reaches for the small piece of paper and reads on.

-

I have been such a bad mate to you, and not only that. I'm also the worst union member you've ever had. Junmyeon, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. We weren't mixing drinks that day. I was making potions. Whatever happened to me, and to all the others, was because of those potions. I have no right to explain to you why I did all this, I know. But right now, please let your heart let go of me. You won't see me anymore. Junmyeon, I'm really sorry. Please take care.

-

Junmyeon feels as if his non-beating heart has just been crushed into pieces.

Where did Yixing go?

How?

How can you leave me so easily?

* * * * *

Once the effect of the scent dissipated on Junmyeon, he quickly goes out and sees Baekhyun on the outside of Kyungsoo's house, unconscious, and he quickly rushes to the hybrid, and yet then he smells Yixing's scent on Baekhyun.

It means they had been together at some time before Yixing went somewhere else.

Junmyeon wakes Baekhyun up by shaking his shoulders, and Baekhyun groans, eyes looking up at 'whoever it is'.

"What happened to you?" Junmyeon asks softly, making Baekhyun frown, his dizzy stance making it hard for him to recall why he even ended up here at where he now sits on.

But then he remembers what happened that night, Kyungsoo's cruelty, Kyungsoo's selfishness, Kyungsoo's anger, and Jongin's cries, and he realizes how he had run out here.

"I-It's.. W-Where's Yixing?" he only softly asks, having remembered lastly Yixing being with him and not remembering anything after.