31

"What's your probl—"

"You think I can't smell it?" Junmyeon hisses as he bares his fangs. "What did you do to my mate? Did you just rape him?"

"I helped Yixing hyung," Baekhyun speaks firmly and narrows his eyes. "So if you may, let me go," he says and hisses in warning, before he attempts to get out of the room only to have Junmyeon grab his collar and push him against the wall, making Baekhyun wince.

"Just because you're the only one he knows here doesn't mean you can take advantage of it," Junmyeon says as he grits his teeth in anger.

"I'm not taking advantage," Baekhyun defends as he frowns. "Yixing let me help him."

Junmyeon scoffs and pushes Baekhyun more into the wall. Baekhyun does nothing to fight against that, knowing so well that Junmyeon is not going to kill him and that he's just concerned for Yixing's well-being.

"Let me see him," Junmyeon says as he wraps a strong hand around Baekhyun's throat. "I need to see my mate."

"He's in the room," Baekhyun whimpers and grabs Junmyeon's wrists, yanking his hands away when Junmyeon starts to loosen his grip.

"What room?" Junmyeon questions angrily.

"Suede said don't rush him, right?" Baekhyun asks, gently rubbing his neck and throat to ease the pain of the assault.

"What room?!" Junmyeon repeats firmly, before a click of a door opening reaches his ears, and right after that, he smells that distinctive omega smell.

"Baekhyun, why are you fighting..?" Yixing asks groggily while he rubs his eyes with his fingers.

"Yixing," Junmyeon starts and his breath stops as he musters Yixing's frame. Fuck, he missed Yixing so much.

"N-Nothing, hyung.. J-Just.. Just a misunderstanding.." Baekhyun says and looks back at Junmyeon, spraying his perfume all over Junmyeon's body, suppressing his scent.

"O-Oh," Yixing says while he steps closer and looks curiously at the vampire's eyes. "I hope you didn't hurt my friend.." he softly mutters before he looks back at Baekhyun. "What's his name, Baek?"

Junmyeon and Baekhyun share a glance before Baekhyun speaks up.

"His display name is Suho," Baekhyun informs, and Yixing's interested gaze turns to a confused one.

"Display name..?"

"I mean, when he goes out along with humans, his name is Suho."

"But his real name?" Yixing asks curiously as he looks back at Junmyeon's eyes, and Junmyeon swears he has felt his heart jump in joy.

"It's a secret for now," Baekhyun says and places his hand on Junmyeon's shoulder. "Yet I think he needs to go?" Baekhyun speaks and turns his gaze to Junmyeon, eyes speaking quietly.

Junmyeon sighs and nods, glancing back at his mate before he turns on his heels and opens the front door with the intention to go out.

"Take care, Suho!" Yixing shouts cheerfully when Junmyeon is already out of the house. Junmyeon chuckles as he smiles back at Yixing sweetly, causing the omega to blush without himself knowing.

Yixing watches with a shy smile as the vampire heads back to the woods, holding the doorframe with his slender fingers.

"Yixing hyung has a crush on Suho hyung," Baekhyun teases as he elbows Yixing's side.

"Shh.." Yixing scolds and puts his index finger over his nose and lips.

Baekhyun smirks and eyes Yixing knowingly. "I think it's already obvious by now.."

"Please don't tell him.." Yixing whispers and puts his hands together. "Please? It won't reach him, right?"

"Of course, hyung," Baekhyun says and giggles.

* * * * *

"He thinks he has a crush on Junmyeon hyung," Baekhyun says and chuckles as he leans his head on Sehun's shoulder.

"Instincts," Sehun briefly mutters and giggles softly.

"Yeah, instincts," Baekhyun laughs.

"Hey, hey, get off," Lu Han shoos as he taps on Baekhyun's shoulder in a shoving manner, making Baekhyun detach himself from Sehun with a pout while Lu Han sits between them and pecks on Sehun's jaw. Sehun blushes and shyly looks away.

"Just a simple lean, hyung," Baekhyun whines, but then Lu Han looks back at him with a glare, subconsciously putting his hand on Sehun's thigh.

"No," Lu Han firmly says. Baekhyun pouts and rolls his eyes.

"Hyung, the puppy's upset," Sehun says and laughs as he holds Lu Han's hand and interlaces their fingers.

"I'm not a puppy!" Baekhyun complains.

* * * * *

"Hyung, really," Jongdae says and taps Junmyeon's shoulder.

"Why?" Junmyeon asks frustratedly as he looks up at Jongdae, who then sits beside him. "Why can't I just hug him and kiss him, keep him safe with me..? Why is that so hard to get, Jongdae?"

"Because it's not the right time," Jongdae says. "If you would do all those now, Yixing would surely only get farther. Yixing doesn't remember anything, hyung. If you would force what you want, it's him who will suffer. Is that what you want?"

Junmyeon looks down and shakes his head 'no'. "But I need him," he whimpers as if he's in pain.

"Hyung, I know. Believe me, I know. I don't know how it exactly feels but I know it hurts, because that need, I-I already experienced that.. The want, the desire to have your mate close to you, but you can't have it and it really hurts.. I know, hyung. But as Yixing hyung's mate, you have to be strong for him, to be patient for him. There will surely come a time when he's already ready to accept you again, but not now, hyung."

Junmyeon nods in understanding. "Then I'll wait. But Jongdae, I can't promise I can just let anyone steal him from me."

"No one is stealing him from you, Junmyeon hyung.. Everyone here, has their own people and things to care about. I have Minseok alpha.. Sehun has Lu Han hyung. Kyungsoo minds Jongin. Zitao minds his job, as well as Yifan hyung. Baekhyun doesn't count as a threat as well, since he's not yet ready to let anyone in his heart, and you know that, hyung, right? We all know as well that Baekhyun is taking good care of Yixing. So we should trust Baekhyun, shouldn't we? I know you want to be the one taking care of Yixing hyung.. But once this is over, you still have forever to take care of him, and that's what you should hold on to," Jongdae mutters and smiles.

Junmyeon purses his lips and nods slowly. "I'll do my best to wait. But Jongdae, once I can't take it anymore, I would do what I need to do. I would be the one to turn his memory back."

"Of course. Now we're starting the meeting, hyung, right? Back to being the union's leader."

"Yeah."