47

Junmyeon was smiling at Yixing, but Yixing was frowning at him.

'Why is that? Does Yixing hate me?' That was what came to Junmyeon's head, but he shook it off, thinking that Yixing won't ever feel that anymore, if he injected this to him.

"Junmyeon.." Yixing cried out as he looked at the vampire's eyes. "Junmyeon, you know I love you..! Junmyeon, that's not a potion! Please, listen to me! Listen, Junmyeon, please..!"

Junmyeon was deaf to Yixing's cries, and he only lifted his free hand to caress Yixing's cheeks with his knuckles, staring at Yixing intently, the love and the want that he hoped had showed themselves to Yixing.

"Myeonnie, please..! Don't do this to me..!"

"Don't you want to love me?" Junmyeon inquired gently, and his thumb caressed Yixing's bottom lip, and he felt Yixing's warm tears, but he didn't hear anything but his own need to ensure that Yixing won't go away. "My mate.. Don't you want to love me?"

"I love you.. You are my second chance.. There's no way I'd not want to love you, Myeonnie.."

"Then why are you refusing this?" Junmyeon questioned as he put a finger under Yixing's chin to make him look back up. Yixing glanced at the wizard who's only watching the scene infront of him.

"Believe me, I won't refuse if that's a real potion for love.. Myeonnie, you said you won't give up on us.. If you trusted me.. th-the drug they put on you.. It won't work on you if you really believed in me.. Junmyeon, why.." Yixing sobbed as he gazed up at Junmyeon with a look of betrayal.

"Do you hate me?" Junmyeon inquired and slided his hand up, caressing Yixing's jawline, before moving further, up until he was gently fisting Yixing's hair, keeping his head still.

"D-Don't you love me, Myeonnie..?" Yixing questioned back, only to see Junmyeon smiling at him and positioning the syringe to his neck. "If you loved me, you won't do this to me.. There's no cheat sheet in love, even if that is really a potion or not, you won't do this, Myeon.."

"If this is what will help me have you, I will do it," Junmyeon said, and he was hearing Yixing's heart's fast beating, his breathing turning more and more ragged, but at that time, there was no other thing he could feel but his own happiness.

"Junmyeon, please, please, don't.."

"Do you see how much he fears having to be with you for the rest of his life?" the wizard asked. "Do you want me to silence him again?"

"No need," Junmyeon muttered as he looked down at Yixing with furrowed eyebrows. "Tell me now, Xing.. Do you really love me?"

"If you believed me, you won't have to ask," Yixing said shakily, smiling sadly. "I thought you loved me.. Maybe just because you told me you love me, doesn't mean you really do.."

"I'm doing this because I love you," Junmyeon said and he smiled softly, gaze blank and blinded, and the sting that Yixing feels was more on his heart than his skin.

Did Junmyeon just do it? Junmyeon just gave up on them, just like that. Yixing could only feel betrayal, the sworn words broken like how every promises end up to be. That's when Lay, Yixing's wolf, decided to burn his feelings for Junmyeon, though Yixing held on.

"I love you," Junmyeon whispered over and over, and Yixing could only feel fear everytime he heard that, and along with that, the pain of his body rejecting the liquid, which was blood.

The hunters wanted to turn Yixing, a peacemaker omega werewolf, into their weapon, using turned vampire blood and turned hybrid blood that they just made Junmyeon himself inject to him, but Yixing's own blood wasn't letting those mix in his veins, and it was painful.