41

Yixing watches Junmyeon as the latter hands him a small bouquet of flowers before sitting beside him, a smile which still looks awkward to the omega, but that smile drops when he sees Yixing sadly looking down and smelling the flowers with a blank gaze.

"Still sad?" Junmyeon whispers as he worriedly follows Yixing's eyes, hoping to meet his gaze.

"I did everything needed to be the best omega possible," Yixing mutters as he blinks slowly. "What use is that now if no alpha is mated to me? Who would I please now? Who would hold me at night and protect me in their arms? What use is being an omega if no alpha is going to have me?"

Junmyeon sighs and leans back to the chair. "You are.. You're like that because your mate died, right?"

Yixing looks at Junmyeon and nods. "I-I know it's hard to understand since you aren't a werewolf yourself.. Thank you for at least being with me.."

Junmyeon reaches for Yixing's hand and smiles. "I'll always be here for you, Xing."

Yixing looks into Junmyeon's eyes and smiles.

Yixing doesn't understand why Junmyeon's becoming so close to his heart, and whenever Junmyeon talks, he watches every move of his lips. He even listens to every breath Junmyeon takes and it becomes so weird and creepy because day by day their breathing patterns seem to turn more and more similar.

Yixing starts to note the distinct scent that he smells from Junmyeon, and Junmyeon one time also stops and looks at Yixing to say, "Isn't your omega scent too strong today?"

At that time, Yixing stops, because Junmyeon is suddenly leaning into him and lightly pushing him down the couch on Yixing's living room.

"J-Junmyeon, wai—" Yixing protests as he tries to push Junmyeon by his shoulders, but Yixing can only blink before Junmyeon grabs his hands and pins them down beside his head.

"Don't talk just yet," Junmyeon says softly as he leans closer to Yixing's neck.

"N-No, it tickles, Junmyeon.. p-please," Yixing complains as he involuntarily arches his back when he feels Junmyeon's breath ghosting on his skin.

"You smell so fucking good. I don't understand," Junmyeon whispers as he noses on Yixing's throat before going to the back of his ear. "Fuck.. Xing," Junmyeon breathes out.

'Mate,' Yixing's wolf whispers to him, and Yixing widens his eyes before fluttering them close and stopping in fighting back.

"Y-You're mate," Yixing informs and sucks in a breath. "You're my mate, Junmyeon," Yixing whimpers.

Junmyeon freezes and looks up at Yixing, pushing himself up and releasing Yixing's wrists.

"Y-Your—y-your wh-what..?"

"Mate," Yixing whispers as he clenches his hands into fists. "You're my mate.."

Junmyeon's eyes shine something Yixing doesn't decipher before they display confusion. "I-I'm a vampire, Xing.. I-I don't understand.."

"I don't understand, too," Yixing says before he's bursting into tears. "B-But I'm glad.. I-I hope you are, too.."

Junmyeon leans down to clash his lips into Yixing's and swallow his cries, cupping Yixing's jaw as Yixing wraps his arms around Junmyeon's neck to deepen the kiss.

When they part from the kiss, Junmyeon whispers to him. "I'm more than glad, Xing.."

Yixing stares while he caresses Junmyeon's face, lightly trailing his fingers on the vampire's closed eyes, resting his chin on his palm and smiling widely, elbows tucked on the bed.

"I still can't believe that they gave me you.." Yixing mutters as he brushes Junmyeon's hair gently. "I hope you remember everything about yourself, Junmyeon-ah," Yixing says in a slightly gurgling manner as he slowly drifts to sleep himself.

* * * * *

"Did you sleep well, Myeonnie..?" Yixing says with a pout when Junmyeon gets up without a word, leaving Yixing on the bed.

"What a bad dream," Junmyeon mutters and shakes his head, rubbing his eyes before turning to Yixing. "The nightmare is haunting me until now," Junmyeon says with a wince.

Yixing frowns and pushes himself up to sit at the edge of the bed. "Nightmare..?" Yixing questions as he gets up on his feet and heads to the bathroom to brush his teeth. "That's strange.."

"I know.. So strange.. It seemed so real," Junmyeon mutters and sighs deeply. "I just dreamt of injecting some blood on you," Junmyeon says.

Yixing is about to start brushing but he freezes after hearing Junmyeon's sentence. "What?"

"Injecting blood on you," Junmyeon says. "You were screaming in pain—I-I—" Yixing can almost hear the way Junmyeon winces. "It's so horrible, Xing.. I-I'll.. never do that to you," Junmyeon mutters hurtfully, and his voice is getting louder which means he's getting closer to where Yixing is, Yixing notes.

'Are you sure,' Lay asks and scoffs. 'He also promised that to us before. I trusted him! We trusted him!'

"Lay.." Yixing sighs to his wolf and puts the toothbrush down to look at Junmyeon beside him.

"Why?" Junmyeon asks. Yixing's eyes widen in question before he realizes he has just said his wolf's name out loud.

"Nothing," Yixing says with a weak smile and sticks his toothbrush to his mouth, brushing almost too hurriedly.

"Are you crying?" Junmyeon questions as he looks towards the mirror, and Yixing looks up to see his swollen, tearful eyes. He quickly turns to the other side, back facing Junmyeon as he sniffles.

"No, I'm not," Yixing mutters as he wipes his tears with his free hand. "I'm fine," he reassures as he only continues cleaning his teeth.

"Yixing, is there a proble—"

"I'm fine," Yixing emphasizes in such a firm voice, taking Junmyeon aback as he looks down.

"O-Okay," Junmyeon says. "I'll be preparing breakfast."

Yixing hears the bathroom door close, and he goes to wash his mouth, letting tears fall freely again, sitting on his shins and sobbing silently at the memory of broken trust.

* * * * *

Junmyeon turns more and more hesitant to go near Yixing because everytime he does, Yixing becomes distressed as he feels through their bond.

Yixing is always inching farther when Junmyeon sits beside him at the edge of the bed, always looking away whenever eye contact accidentally happens. Junmyeon is starting to be afraid.

Is he losing his mate now?

Junmyeon taps his feet restlessly and makes an 'ah!' sound to clear his throat before he walks to the kitchen, sight catching on a knife, before remembering that it was the exact knife that made his omega bleed before.

He suddenly remembers what Yixing has told them at the meeting about his blood disorder, that it was because his body rejected the blood a vampire who abducted him injected on his veins, specifically a mixture of turned hybrid blood and turned vampire blood.

Isn't that what my nightmare was?

That's strange..