7

It was the next day and mark wakes up with the thought that he should try and court y/n. he heads to the kitchen after brushing his teeth and was glad to see y/n already there setting up breakfast for them with taeyong.

"good morning noona." mark greeted y/n with a sweet smile.

"morning!someone's happy today." y/n said then flashed a giant smile at mark making his heart jump.

all the members were eating with their managers. y/n quickly finished her breakfast and announced that she has a lot of meetings today. dowoo suddenly comes into their dorm looking for y/n.

"good morning!" dowoo greeted everyone. "y/n you ready?" he asked y/n.

"yep!let's go!annyeong!" y/n waved then quickly headed out with dowoo.

mark was obviously not happy about this.

"where are they going noona?" mark asks solhyun trying not to seem too obvious.

"aahh they're going together since dowoo is the manager for dream,we asked them to go to the meeting since..well we didn't want to go and they're the youngest so they have no choice." solhyun said then laughed together with the other managers.

you're not at all funny. mark thought to himself.

------------------------------

nct 127 headed for their radio interview today. mark was a little distracted since he can't stop thinking about y/n and dowoo together.

mark and johnny decided to have lunch at the building cafeteria.

"you should've made a move if you're that worried about them." johnny suddenly told mark.

"what do you mean hyung?" mark asked the elder.

"you like her. it's obvious. don't worry i won't tell anyone." johnny reassures mark.

mark just looks down at his barely touched food.

"do you think i'm dreaming a little to high hyung?" mark asks johnny. 

"i love you like a real younger brother and honestly i wouldn't approve of any other girl." johnny said. "these other girls are just throwing themselves at you, i don't like them." johnny added.

"she doesn't like me back." mark said sadly.

"you don't know that yet." johnny replied.

they finished their meal then headed home.

--------------------------

it's been a few hours since they got home and y/n still wasn't back. mark was just waiting in the living room.

"relax man." johnny told mark.

"i am.i'm chill." mark said.

"yeah. okay." johnny said sarcastically.

"i'm gonna wait for her outside." mark said then he suddenly stood up,ignoring johnny calling him.

when he stepped out to the hall he heard laughter from downstairs. it was y/n and dowoo.

"y/n." dowoo suddenly asked y/n.

mark couldn't see them he was just standing by the door eavesdropping on the two who were at the staircase.

"i was wondering if you'd like to go out some time." dowoo asks.

y/n took a while to answer but before she could,mark just went inside their door and stormed to his room which confused johnny. johnny followed mark to his room.

"yah! what happened?" johnny asks mark who was lying face down on his bed.

"dowoo." mark simply said.

"what about him?" johnny asked confused.

"he asked her out." mark said without any emotion from his voice.

"did she say yes?" johnny asked.

"i don't know. i'll just get over her and completely forget about this crush." mark simply says.

"huh??why???" johnny asked even more confused now.

"i don't wanna complicate her lovelife,hyung. maybe dowoo hyung is better for her than me. i'm an idol i'm not really allowed to date am i?everyone else is 500 steps ahead of me." mark says.

johnny was just silent. he didn't know how to comfort mark because he was right.

--------------------------------

the next chapters will be focused more on mark and y/n's friendship (no romance for now sorry. i have a good reason for this tho.)