11

mark woke up before everyone else. y/n wasn't beside him anymore so he looked for her. as he was approaching her dorm room he could hear arguing.

"jesus christ he's only 20!" y/n was furious.

"yah!i know we're close and all but chang ho is your senior!" solhyun scolded y/n.

"mianhe,i thought i was doing the right thing." chang ho said in a calm tone.

"what are you gonna do if he decides to quit?" y/n asked the both of them.

no one answered her.

"look we're gonna give him a couple days off to just relax. i'm gonna talk to him later." solhyun said breaking the silence.

"what did the boss say?" y/n asked referring to the CEO, Lee soo man.

"he's the one who suggested to give the boy a couple days off,he's gonna talk to whoever he needs to talk to,to reschedule some of his activities." chang ho said.

"i know minhyung is really popular and talented and he deserves all these projects but can we please do better in giving the other members opportunities as well?they're a team,how come mark has the most burden?literally everyone else is also just as talented." y/n argued.

"y/n this is a bitter pill to swallow but not everyone can see them just as equally as we do. this is all money to them." chang ho retorted.

it was silent again.

mark stopped listening and went back to the dorm.

y/n and solhyun entered the guys' dorm room after a few minutes.

"hey buddy." y/n greeted mark then they did their little secret handshake.

"minhyungie,mianhe." solhyun said apologetically.

"i'm sorry noona i'll do better." mark did a bow.

"boss said to give you a few days off." solhyun started again. "if you're planning on going on a trip,one of the managers should come with you since your safety is still important. i'm sorry i know you want to be alone for a while but this is the condition the boss gave."

y/n was just silent and listening to their conversation.

"y/n noona will come with me." mark said.

"you sure you're gonna pick me?you don't wanna go with like a guy to do boy stuff?" y/n asked mark.

"you're my best friend." mark replied.

"okay buddy,let's plan something." y/n ruffled his hair.

"noona where do you wanna go?" mark asked y/n.

"i should be asking you." y/n laughed at mark.

"but i wanna plan it,it's our date." mark said.

when did this kid get so smooth?y/n thought.

"alright you plan it. but let's not go too far,we can't book a flight anymore and i don't wanna drive too far." y/n said while trying to keep her cool. her heart made a little dance when mark said it's their date but she didn't wanna get her hopes up.

"sokcho." mark simply said.

"alright i can drive there." y/n said. "when should we go?" she added.

"right now." mark said.

"oh oka-" y/n was cut off cause mark already ran to his room to take a shower.

it was a two and a half hour drive. they chatted all the way to sokcho. once they got there they went to this little coffee shop and there wasn't anyone there. they took their coffee and decided to sit down on a bench by the beach.

"am i really your best friend?" y/n asked mark.

"yeah. i mean the guys are also my best friends." mark replied.

"that's nice." y/n told mark. "i'm glad i'm your best friend."

actually you're my most favorite person in the world.

that was what mark wanted to say but he couldn't.

"too bad the guys aren't here they would've loved a day off too." y/n said.

"i don't want the other guys to join our best friends' date." mark scoffed.

best friends.

they were silent for a while enjoying the cool air.

"noona,have you ever been inlove?" mark asked breaking the silence.

------------------------------

date continuation in the next chapter.