39

mark was cold and it went on for another month. on a scale of 1-100 y/n was on 99 now and she's been trying her best to be understanding of him,but there would be times when he would just skip a few days of talking to her saying that he's just been really tired.

truthfully mark really does love her,but he's been having second thoughts about their relationship,he thought that she would be better off without him. he wanted her to be happy in a relationship,even if it wasn't him. he doesn't want any other girl besides her,but he wants her to be happy and secure and he just couldn't give that to her simply because he was an idol. what kind of future would he be able to give her?that was all he could think about. he doesn't want to break her heart but it seems like he has to so he can pave a way for her to be happier.

y/n called mark. he didn't answer until the third call.

"hey,you busy?" y/n asked.

"ani,i've just been resting." mark said.

"oh i thought you were cause you haven't been answering my calls." y/n said with a sad tone in her voice.

"mianhe."

"sorry?you're not even gonna explain?" y/n was getting mad now.

mark was just silent.

"did you run out of excuses not to keep in contact anymore?" y/n said.

mark was still silent.

"i'm getting real tired of this now minhyung-ah." y/n said softly. she sounded defeated.

"of what?" mark finally said.

"stop acting like you don't know." y/n said.

"i've been busy i told you." mark said seeming annoyed.

"i know that,and i've been understanding haven't i?but i'd appreciate it if it was even just one text,i'm sure you'd still be able to do that." y/n said.

"yeah you've been understanding but it seems like it's only temporary,look you're complaining now,as if you don't know how an idol's schedule works." mark said. this hurt y/n.

"i do know,which is why i know for a fact that you're still capable of sending even just a single text message."

"aish" mark said.

it was silent for a while.

"let's end this call before we end up saying things we'll regret later." mark finally said.

"but we can talk about it now!" y/n complained.

"i'm tired." mark said.

"of what?" y/n asked.

"i'm just tired okay?i just came from rehearsals,our first concert is near now you know that." mark said.

y/n decided not to make their fight even bigger and extend her patience for the 200th time.

"okay sorry." was all she said.

"if you were as busy as i am you'd understand more." mark said.

y/n looked at the pile of work beside her and her father who was bed ridden. she felt choked up. she was hurt by what he said because she was busy,it just so happened that she listed calling him as one of her priorities. turns out it wasn't his priority.

she didn't want him to hear her cry so she was silent on the line.

"you're not gonna talk?" mark said.

silence.

"okay well good night then i guess." he said then immediately ended the call.

"wai-"

the call was now disconnected. she just cried from where she was sitting. she felt neglected. she sighed and decided not to let herself become angry at him. she loves him after all. she decided to just text him.

mylove: i'll be more understanding next time. i'm sorry. i love you

she went back to doing her work. after about an hour a notification from v app popped up saying that it was a surprise live from nct. she opened it and saw johnny and doyoung in a car.

apparently they were in a car on their way home from dinner. the camera panned to mark who was on his phone. she felt a pang in her chest. he was on his phone but he hasn't even opened her message. it seems like he was ignoring her on purpose.

she closed the app and just decided to get back to work.

it feels like she doesn't know him anymore. this wasn't the mark she fell inlove with.