43

"why the long face mark?" solhyun asked.

they were now getting their make up done for the concert. mark was just staring at his chatbox with y/n. over 300 messages and not a single one read.

solhyun caught a glimpse of his phone from the side.

"they always regret it in the end." solhyun coldly said.

solhyun was right. mark couldn't bring himself to be angry at her because it was the truth. if he wasn't so dumb and selfish he wouldn't be in this situation.

mark was now done with his make up. he sat next to jaehyun.

"hey it's our first concert,you should be happy." jaehyun tried to comfort mark.

"she can't even wish me goodluck." mark said looking down.

"i hate to break it to ya buddy but maybe if you'd have tried to contact her the-" taeil started to say but mark cut him off.

"i have hyung,everyday for the past month and a half." mark said raising his voice.

"what do you mean?" taeyong asked puzzled.

"look!" mark showed them his messages flooding yn.

taeil,jaehyun, and taeyong looked at each other.

"mark,ever since you broke up she changed her accounts and her number." jaehyun said.

"she told us not to tell you,i guess it was her way of moving on." taeil said.

"sorry we didn't tell you sooner." taeyong said.

"wh-wha-" 

"STANDBY!" a staff called.

"mianhe mark." taeyong said before they ran off to the stage.

mark did the whole concert trying to act like he was okay. that he was happy.

as soon as the concert was over they went backstage and as they were huddling mark spoke first before anyone else could.

"have you been talking to her?" mark asked jaehyun.

"mark we're about t-"

"how is she?" mark asked cutting him off.

"mark calm down." taeyong put his hand on mark's shoulder but mark swatted it away.

"how's her dad?did she say anything about him?did she wish us goodluck?" mark asked again.

"mark,i haven't talked to her in about a weel,we're all just as disappointed as you are that we haven't heard from her." jaehyun said.

mark was just looking at him,his eyes we're starting to form tears.

he walked out of there and went through the back door and started crying where no one could see him. jaehyun was about to go after him but taeyong stopped him.

"just leave him alone for a while." taeyong said.

it's been three days now since he found out but he hasn't asked for her new number. he figured that she really doesn't want to talk to him and that he should let her move on in peace.

he decided to text her old number instead to tell her how he feels. he just needed to let it out even if no one was going to answer him.

minhyungie: mianhe y/n. i'm sorry for everything. i know now how stupid i was for doing that but i'm letting you go now. i really wish you all the happiness,even if it's not with me anymore. if time goes by and you're now with someone else,i will be happy for you but i hope you don't mind that i keep loving you. it's become clearer to me now that i only really want you in my life and i'm just too much of an idiot and i screwed it up. i'll leave you alone now. i really really love you. i love you so much. you will always bee my favorite person,noona.always.

after the concert they were now all gathered at dinner. it was their last concert in seoul. while they were eating mark tried his best not to ruin the mood so he was joking around with everyone else too.

solhyun on the other hand just recieved a message from y/n.

y/n: mianhe unnie. i didn't get to wish everyone goodluck. my dad died a few days ago. please tell everyone goodluck with the future concerts. you don't have to reply unnie,i just really want to be quiet for a while. i only messaged to wish everyone goodluck. fighting!

solhyun fell silent which her boyfriend, who was sitting beside her,noticed. they've been together shortly after y/n left for new york and things have been going well ever since. 

"so that's why she hasn't been talking to us." solhyun said while staring at her phone?

"wae?" taeyong who was sitting across her asked.

she showed the message to taeyong and his eyes widened. he was speechless. he immediately looked to mark who was sitting on the far end of the table.

mark noticed that taeyong was looking at him with a concerned expression on his face. taeyong wasn't talking but he knew something must have happened.

"what happened to her?" mark walked over to taeyong.

"h-her dad died,mark." taeyong said softly but everyone heard.

everyone fell silent.

"noona." winwin said softly with a sad tone.

mark was just silent. he felt even worse than he already did before because he couldn't be there for y/n. he left her when she needed him most and now he wasn't there when she really someone.