33

"i'll be back in about a week." y/n told mark while they were in the car holding hands.

she was now on her way to the airport and mark wanted to drop her off.

"message me as much as you can okay?" mark said before she left for the boarding.

"i will,i love you minhyungie" y/n said then kissed him.

"i love you more."

mark went back to the dorm with the driver. he was relieved that no one recognized him at the airport.

when he got home he immediately messaged y/n flooding her with updates.

minhyungie: i'm eating now with the hyungs. i really miss you.

minhyungie: they said they miss you too.

minhyungie: the dreamies keep bullying me cause you're not here to protect me :(

minhyungie: noona i miss you :(

minhyungie: i haven't called you noona in a long time,love.

minhyungie: i hope your dad is okay. as well as your mom. call me okay?

minhyungie: i love you!

minhyungie: i'm going to sleep now.

minhyungie: i can't sleep, no one is making hot chocolate for me :(

minhyungie: new york is so lucky you're there :(

minhyungie: [youtube link]

minhyungie: love!!it's a compilation of horses screaming like humans!!

minhyungie: you know i love you so much right?

y/n just landed in new york and immediately looked at her messages.

love: i love you so much minhyungie

love: i hope you're sleeping now. i'll be home soon okay?i'll call you when you wake up i'll wait for your message.

y/n now headed to the hospital where her father was still admitted.

"hi sweetie" y/n's mom hugged her.

y/n sat at the chair beside the bed.

"hi daddy,sorry i didn't come sooner." y/n was tearing up now.

"you'll be okay. you have to meet mark in person,so don't be like this anymore."

her dad was just asleep. he can't talk anymore because of the stroke. she held his hand and started crying hard now.

"mianhe appa,i wish i could've been here before everything was like this."

her mom just hugged her.

"is it like this forever now?"

"yes sweetie." her mom said sadly.

"who's gonna take care of him?" y/n asked.

"right now the hospital is doing it,but when he gets discharged i'm gonna have to hire a caregiver." y/n's mom said.

"i'd love to be the one to take care of him but i have to earn money." she added.

y/n was silent for a while.

"i'll do it mom." y/n said.

"i'll take care of him. i'll quit my job and stay here in new york i'll try and help you with the business too." y/n said.

"it's okay sweetie,you can't just quit your job there."

"please don't try and stop me mom,i know i shouldn't be saying this but what if something happens to him all of a sudden?i want to be able to take care of him until his last moments." y/n said softly.

"what about mark then?"

"he'll understand mom,this is non-negotiable. i'm his daughter so i have to be the one to take care of him." y/n firmly said.

mianhe minhyung.