38

it's been about two months since y/n got to new york. mark would send pictures of him and the members as much as he can. they call each other every night at about 11pm so it was day time where y/n was. things have been going well so far,they both thought that long distance was a piece of cake.

y/n decided to work freelance,doing logos for small businesses and a few layouts here and there so she can earn a little bit of money too and so that she had something else to do when she doesn't have to attend to her father.

one of her clients recommended her to an agency which agreed for her to work from home. it was perfect for her. she makes a few album covers for some clients and also did some branding too. mark was proud of her and was supportive of her new career.

time skip to another month nct 127 is now preparing for their concert after their recent come back for simon says. mark became busier. calls every night became 3 times a week but that didn't discourage y/n. she understood how busy it could get since she was a former manager. it was tougher for mark to adjust,he felt a little guilty that y/n is in a relationship with a busy idol when she can just meet someone there who will she can adjust to better. he felt like he was a burden to her because y/n compromises with calls,she was the one staying up late to adjust to mark's schedule,she doesn't tell him that she was tired from all the work she had to do and from taking care of her father but he noticed.

mark was young after all,he doesn't know better and was starting to become discouraged. he felt a little distant to y/n now. the stress of his career was also getting to him.

y/n and mark were in the groupchat with the other members. they also messaged there frequently to keep in touch with y/n. y/n seemed to notice that mark hasn't messaged her but the other members were sending messages in the groupchat. she didn't want to ask where he was since she doesn't want the others to think that they have a problem. but y/n was beginning to think that they really do.

mylove: mark!

mylove: call me when you have time okay?

mylove: or at least send a chat or something

mylove: i'm just worried that's all.

mark replied after 30 mins

minghyungie: sorry i was in the music room

minhyungie: i've been really tired lately i'm sorry

minhyungie: how's your dad?

mylove: he's okay so far,his blood pressure is a stable now.

mylove: you must be tired. you wanna sleep now?

minhyungie: yeah i think i will

minhyungie: i'm glad he's okay

minhyungie: you should rest too okay?

y/n was disappointed that mark didn't offer to call. seems like she was the one always offering to call him lately so she felt a little neglected but she still chose to be understanding. maybe he was just stressed she thought.

they said their goodnight and i love yous but mark has changed his replies to 'i love you too' to which y/n didn't mind,it's just that he would always reply 'i love you more'

y/n didn't want to admit it but she felt like they were drifting apart.

jaehyun was calling y/n via facetime and she answered immediately.

"jeffrey!!" y/n yelled.

"annyeonghaseye." jaehyun joked.

doyoung and johnny was also in the frame waving at her.

"doyoungie and johnnyyyy~" y/n said. she really did miss them,she was glad that they'd always try to contact her.

"y/n you've gotten thinner." johnny said.

"neh,i've just been really stressed lately." y/n admitted.

"wae?" doyoung asked.

"loads of work,and ofcourse my dad." y/n sighed.

"cheer up y/n,you've always been great at juggling tasks." doyoung comforted.

"awwww thank you bunny." y/n teased.

"by the way,i saw that album design you made,that was pretty cool maybe you should design the album cover for our next album too." johnny said.

"man,i would really love that." y/n said.

"mark is with the dreamies right now he's been really into this new video game" jaehyun said.

he was playing?i thought he was about to sleep?

"aaahh yeah he told me about that,i hope he's gotten better at games now." y/n laughed pretending she wasn't hurt that mark wanted to play games more than call her.

they ended the call after a while and she felt sad. she decided to text mark just to remind him that she's still there waiting for him.

mylove: i love you so much mark

that was all she said. he didn't reply so she just decided to take a nap. her phone buzzed after about an hour but she didn't hear it.

minhyungie: me too