22

y/n pulled away to look at him but her arms were still over his shoulders and mark was still holding her waist.

"what is it?"

mark was just looking straight into her eyes mustering up the courage to confess his feelings.

"i like you."

y/n eyes widened but she was unable to talk because she was shocked.

"no,scratch that,i don't like you." mark said which made y/n look at him in confusion.

"i love you."

y/n was about to say something but mark cut her off.

"you don't have to say anything right now. it just really felt like the right time for me. you probably don't know how it feels,how i've been feeling but i just have to say it right now cause it's been building up inside of me and i can't hold it in any longer."

"mark i-"

"you don't have to answer,and please don't. i want to earn you,your love and trust, and i also want you to love me back genuinely so i really have to show you,don't worry about me having a hard time,take as long as you want,i'll still be here. i honestly don't want anyone else."

y/n was just frozen in her place.

"it's getting late i'll walk you back."

they now went downstairs in total silence. as they we're standing before the door y/n turned around.

"is that why you've been walking me to my room everyday?" y/n asked him.

"yeah." mark laughed shyly.

"that's really sweet." y/n mumbled but mark didn't hear it.

"huh?"

"nothing. good night minhyungie, i'll see you tomorrow." y/n said softly then went inside.

she didn't reject me.

mark went inside his room grinning like an idiot which his roommate,jaehyun noticed.

"someone's happy." 

"i confessed hyung." mark said happily.

"JINJJA?!YOU GUYS ARE A COUPLE NOW?!" jaehyun yelled.

"no,but she didn't reject me." mark said still smiling.

"she didn't accept you but you're still really happy." jaehyun said sitting back down on his bed.

"i have to prove myself first you know." mark defended.

jaehyun just laughed while shaking his head.

y/n sent a text to mark just as mark was about to fall asleep.

that song was really beautiful.

she texted.

i wrote that thinking about you. goodnight noona.

he replied.

y/n was just in her bed unable to sleep. she can't help but smile at mark's confession.

i know exactly how you feel mark.