10

Once they got home from ukraine mark immediately goes to practice with the dreamies. 

"hyung?" chenle asked mark who was sitting on the corner with his eyes closed.

"hmm?" mark says weakly with his eyes still closed.

"are you alright?" chenle asked with a worried voice.

mark opens his eyes to look at chenle. chenle looked really worried at his hyung so mark tried to smile like he wasn't exhausted so his dongsaeng won't worry so much.

"i'm okay let's go!" mark stands up then ruffles chenle's hair.

after dance practice mark now has to go to film a variety show by himself. he was so exhausted. the only time he can sleep was in the car yet he never showed that he was tired. he still did his best at everything.

this went on for weeks. y/n barely got to see mark cause he had so many things to do even outside of nct's activities. despite not seeing each other for a long time,y/n made sure to text mark constantly to check on him and to cheer him up. 

but mark is a kid after all. eventually he got exhausted and broke down while recording an sm station.

y/n's phone rang,she immediately answered when she saw it was mark calling her.

"noona." mark said while sniffling.

"yah!what's wrong?what happened?" y/n replied.

"can you p-please come get me. i don't wanna be with them anymore i wanna go home!" mark said while bawling his eyes out.

"they keep asking for me noona,i can't cut myself in half,i'm only one person what do they want from me!?" mark continued.

"minhyung." y/n said softly.

"i wanna go back to canada i don't wanna be an idol anymore i wanna quit!" mark wailed. "why can't they give me just one day off?!"

"minhyung" y/n said again. mark was still rambling on while crying.

"please." y/n said softly again. "please calm down."

mark slowly started to calm down.

"please come get me noona." mark said while sniffling.

y/n was using her earphones while talking to mark so she was able to read the text message she received from chang ho.

please come get mark. he won't come out unless you come get him.

"i'm on my way now minhyung." y/n said to mark. "stay on the phone with me."

she ran to the parking lot to get the car and immediately rushed to the studio where they were shooting. she was still on the phone with mark while she was driving.

"let's go straight home okay?i'll make sure you can sleep for the whole day tomorrow okay?" y/n comforted mark.

"mmmh" mark replied. he was just sobbing quietly now unable to say anything but y/n still talked to him.

"it's okay na i'm almost there." y/n said while parking.

she immediately ran inside to find mark after she locked the door.

when she got inside chang ho pointed to the men's bathroom mark locked.

y/n knocked twice at the door. mark who was still sobbing ignored the knock.

"minhyung,it's me." y/n said through the door.

mark got up and slightly opened the door to check if it really was his noona. 

"can i please come in minhyung?" y/n said in the most motherly way.

he still wasn't saying anything he just opened the door for her. when she got inside she immediately hugged mark. he hugged her back with one hand on her waist while the other hand was rubbing his eyes cause tears were falling again when he felt y/n's embrace.

"let's go home now okay?" y/n said breaking the hug. mark just nodded while looking down.

y/n held mark's hand and walked out of the restroom with mark behind her. mark was just looking down at their hands while walking.

y/n nodded at chang ho as they were going to the parking lot.

mark got in the car and was just staring blankly infront of him.

"i have to make a call first hmm?" y/n said to mark giving him a small smile.

mark just nodded and smile a little.

y/n was calling taeyong.

"y/n!what happened to mark?is he okay?" taeyong asked with a worried tone.

"soon he will be. uhm can you guys give mark some space when we get home?don't crowd him or anything you know. please ask jaehyun to sleep somewhere else just for tonight?so mark can just be alone and relax." y/n asked taeyong.

"okay okay. i'll tell them." taeyong said.

"thank you oppa." y/n replied then hung up.

the drive back to the dorm was quiet. mark just had a sad look on his face. y/n felt like someone was tugging her heart. she felt so sorry for mark who was visibly exhausted.

when they got to the dorm,the members did as they we're told and just greeted mark when they saw him. jaehyun is now in haechan and doyoung's room. 

y/n sat down beside mark's bed. she wanted to make sure he was already sleeping. when she was about to get up suddenly mark caught her wrist.

"can you please stay for a while?" mark asked y/n. "and can i please get another hug?" mark asked her shyly.

y/n hugged mark like a child. she was caressing his hair while mark was hugging her waist.

"do you wanna talk about it?" y/n asked mark.

"i'm alright now. i'm just really exhausted from everything." mark replied.

"what happened back there?" y/n asked.

"the director was scolding me for making mistakes in the choreography. i couldn't help it i was really dizzy by that time but he said something that really made my tick." mark said. " he said he hated lazy idols most of all and that i should just quit while it's still early in my career." 

y/n wanted to burn that freaking director alive.

"i know you're trying to hold your anger right now,please don't let it get to you. i'm okay now,i guess he was under a lot of pressure also." mark said.

y/n just held mark until he fell asleep in her arms.