40

the next day mark finally texted back. it was a cold reply but y/n decided to settle for that than now get any reply at all.

minhyungie: i love you too.

she just went on like they never had a fight yesterday. she didn't want to stress him out even more so she just went on cheering him on as much as she can.

mark wasn't replying the whole day although he's seen all of her messages. she felt like a fool sending all these messages to him and no one's replying. it's like she was talking to a brick wall.

it was around 11pm now and y/n decided to message him again telling him to call her to which he did.

"hi. how have you been?" y/n asked with a smile.

"alright." mark yawned.

"you don't wanna talk." y/n said sadly.

"mianhe i'm just t-"

"tired. yeah i know." y/n finished his sentence for him. "sleep now." she smiled at him.

mark was just looking down for a while not saying anything. after a while of thinking things he felt like this was the time to pull the trigger.

"y/n." mark said softly.

"yeah?" y/n smiled at him.

"i think we should break up." mark said weakly.

"what?" y/n said. she saw it coming but it still hurt very much.

"i think we shou-"

"i heard you." 

y/n decided to turn off the camera so that he could only hear her voice.

"wae?" he asked.

"mark i'm gonna give you a few days to think about this okay?" y/n said while sobbing.

"y/n-"

"stop,mark. this isn't you. i know you and i love you." 

"i'm no good for you anyways,y/n." mark said weakly.

"you really think that?" y/n said while sobbing.

"y/n i'm not gonna take a few days to think about this i made up my mind." 

y/n started crying harder now. she wanted to stop him,but if this'll make him happier then she has to accept and let go.

she was just crying and mark was just listening while he was also crying softly so that she wouldn't hear.

"is there someone else?" y/n asked.

"no,y/n it's just you." mark said.

"araso,i just want you to be happy which is why i'm giving up on fighting for this too." y/n said.

"mianhe." mark said.

"i'm sorry too." y/n said.

"wae?"

"because noona is going to be angry at you for a while." y/n said while crying.

mark started crying harder while covering his mouth so that she wouldn't hear him crying.

"i just wanted to be there for you mark,always. but if i've become a burden to you now i'm really sorry. i tried so hard i really did. i'm sorry if i blew up sometimes but i love you,jinjja i really love you so much. i'm sorry if i can't be your friend for a while because i'm really heartbroken. i've been trying so hard to save what we have and i can't really do anything if you just decide that you don't want me around anymore.

"mianhe,noona." mark said.

"ah jinjja i hate crying." y/n said.

mark wasn't talking.

"you don't even have anything to say.i just poured my heart out." y/n said feeling more heartbroken.

"i can't believe the longest sentence you've told me this week was that we should break up." y/n said. "sorry again mark,goodbye i guess." then she hung up.

mark felt a wave of regret throughout his whole body. but he couldn't take it back now,she wasn't a toy that he could just decide to start and stop playing with anytime he wanted. he wanted her to be happier and he couldn't be the man to give that to her.

jaehyun entered their room and saw him crying.

"what happened?" jaehyun said softly.

mark was just crying on his pillow.

"everyone knows mark." jaehyun said. "i came here because i saw y/n leave our groupchat." he added.

"i broke up with her hyung." mark said while sobbing.

"pabo ya." jaehyun simply said.

mark just looked at him.

"you've done a lot of dumb things in your life,but i think this is the dumbest decision you've ever made."