23

the next day they were all already gathered in the dining room eating breakfast but y/n wasn't there. mark started to get worried that y/n might be avoiding him.

"what's wrong with him?and where's y/n?" yuta asked jaehyun who was sitting beside mark.

mark was just staring at his bowl of cereal.

"he confessed last night now he's worried he scared her off." jaehyun said before biting his toast.

"i messed up hyung." mark mumbled while still staring at his cereal.

"marko,you know y/n's not the type to just avoid anyone,especially YOU!you guys are the closest out of all of us." yuta comforted mark.

mark was just nodding while looking down.

y/n came in with solhyun while holding a giant watermelon.

yuta and jaehyun smiled when they saw y/n holding a watermelon,since it was mark's favorite. jaehyun patted mark's back while grinning then high fived yuta.

"good morning." y/n was smiling at mark.

"good morning." mark smiled widely.

y/n ruffled mark's hair then walked away to fix herself a bowl of cereal. mark's started eating his meal happily feeling like a thousand pounds was lifted off his chest.

earlier that morning y/n and solhyun went to the market early to buy groceries.

"so mark confessed last night." solhyun suddenly said which startled y/n.

"h-how'd you know unnie?"

"i overheard his little speech,i was looking for him last night but then i saw you two looking all lovey-dovey and i may or may not have eavesdropped at your conversation." solhyun admitted.

"yah unnie!" y/n hit solhyun's shoulder.

"so did you accept?i didn't hear cause i decided to back down you guys might catch me." solhyun laughed.

"i didn't answer yet. it's a lot to think about." y/n said.

"you like him back." solhyun said.

y/n just kept quiet while they were walking through the aisles.

"if you're worried about what the company might say,i assure you they won't mind." solhyun said.

"they won't?" y/n stopped in her tracks.

"idols are allowed to date after two years. besides,they'd rather have someone already close within the company date one of their idols to avoid any scandals. think about it,no one will suspect you two cause you're already together all the time." solhyun explained.

"that makes sense." 

"so be with him already."

"it's not that easy unnie, it's hard to trust i've told you my story already." y/n said.

"then let him do his thing, let him prove himself to you, whatever you do don't reject someone who's willing to earn you." solhyun said while shaking y/n's shoulders.

"i almost cried at his speech." solhyun added.

"me too." y/n smiled.

y/n picked up a giant watermelon cause she knew it was mark's favorite. from then on her grocery list consisted mostly of mark's favorite food.

it was now the last day of shooting the music video for we go up. y/n wasn't on set since she's with the rest of nct 127.

"jinjja?!" the dreamies except for haechan yelled.

"we have a lot to learn from our hyung." haechan said while slow clapping.

"so you guys are boyfriend and girlfriend now?" jisung asked.

"not yet,i told her not to answer and let me earn her trust first." mark said.

"as expected from the most hard working idol." jaemin complimented mark.

despite feeling happy that he finally confessed to y/n he was actually hiding the fact that he felt really sad that this was his last album with the dreamies. he didn't want to be emotional infront of them since he's the leader.

all seven of them hugged after the last shooting.

y/n saw mark standing over the balcony of the music room. y/n knows he very rarely stands over the balcony because he's slightly afraid of heights,the only time he ever goes there is if he's ever deep in thought.

"what's on your mind?" y/n stood beside mark.

he smiled at her. 

"it's my last album with the dreamies. after this year i won't be their leader anymore." mark said. "i know,it's not like i'm leaving nct but i'm still pretty sad about it."

"i completely understand." y/n comforted mark. "you've been a great leader and big brother to them, i'm very proud of you."

"jinjja?"

y/n nodded.

mark turned to her and hugged her.

"mianhe,i just really need this right now." mark said softly while hugging y/n.

"aigoo,you're still a big baby." y/n said while hugging him back.

"yah don't get turned off okay?i'm just really emotional." mark said.

"i think you're really cool actually." y/n said.

"how come?" 

"you really love your dongsaengs, and they really love you too." 

"i actually think i'm a big loser but thank you anyway,noona." 

"ani,i think you're really cool and you don't even have to try." y/n comforted mark.

"i try really hard actually." mark said which made y/n laugh.

"ah jinjja minghyung." y/n said while laughing.

they went down after a while ofcourse mark walked her to her dorm room again. this time y/n kissed mark's cheek before saying goodnight which left mark frozen at the door.

although they always hugged each other and have many skinship,this is the first time she's kissed his cheek. y/n is peeking through the eyehole looking at mark who was still frozen at the door. after a few seconds he starting doing some kind of happy dance which made y/n giggle then she went to bed.

i love you too mark.