Chap 23: victim 3

Chan wakes up again, only to find he was free, the strapped no longer holding him down. He looks around the room, seeing the door unlocked. He gets up, collapsing to the floor. His legs give way, not having been used. Chan slowly lifts himself back up, making his way to the door. He looks to see two ways he can go, he decides to go left. He limps his way, supporting himself by the wall. He gets to a door, he wiggles at the handle. He then freezes, hearing him chuckle in the distance.

"Chan! Channie! Where do you think you're going? We haven't finished having our fun." Jungkook scraps the knife across the wall.

Chan looks over his shoulder, seeing Jungkook walking towards him. He whimpers, forcing the door open. He scrambled through it, slamming the door shut. He starts to walk faster, desperate to get away from him. He hears the door open, Jungkook chuckling at seeing him limping. Chan doesn't look back, to terrified.

"Come on Chan, don't run away from me." Jungkook plays with his knife.

"Get away from me!" Chan screams, running faster to try and get away.

He gets to another door, he attempts to open it, but finding it was locked. He screams, banging at the door.

"No! Fuck! Please no!" Chan kicks at the door, realising what his fate was.

"Aww Chan, is that all you've got?" Jungkook stalks his way closer, Chan turns to face him.

"Please Jungkook. How can you do this to me, I thought you cared about me." Chan cries, shaking his head in fear.

Jungkook tilts his head, his expression unreadable. He licks his lips, sticking his tongue into his cheek.

"I do care about you Chan. You mean the world to me." Jungkook walks to him, Chan quivers when Jungkook traps him in between his arms.

"I love you Chan." Jungkook strokes his cheek, Chan flinches at his touch.

Jungkook slides the knife down Chan's cheek, blood drips down. Chan silently cries, body quivering in fear. Jungkook smirks, bringing the knife to his throat.

Jimin stood in the rain, it was a cold Thursday morning. He'd been woken up by a call, the body of Chan had been discovered. Jimin looked down at the body, water dripping off his face. He didn't understand, it hadn't been a week yet. The killer has always kept them for six days, why did he change it now. What was different.

"I don't understand, I thought I had more time. The killers never strayed from his pattern. It hasn't even been four days yet." Jimin kneels down, eyes scanning the body.

Chan's body was covered in a blanket, his arms crossed over his chest. This was new, neither of the previous bodies were found like this. It was almost seen as a sigh of remorse, the body was respectfully placed, the blanket was wrapped around his body delicately. Jimin didn't understand the sudden change, why was he now feeling remorse, regret.

"You couldn't of predicted this Jimin, the killer is clearly unstable." Jin pulls down his mask, looking at Jimin reassuringly.

"He's changing, he's showing remorse. He's never shown any sort of emotion or remorse for his killings before. Why now, what is different." Jimin runs his hands though his hair in frustration.

"Jimin, do you want me to go inform the family. I think you need a rest from breaking the bad news." Hoseok grabs his shoulder, Jimin glances up at him.

"No, it's okay. This is my case, I need to do this. Need to tell them that I failed, failed to safe their son." Jimin gets up, looking down at Jin.

"Call me once you've done the autopsy, I need to know if there's anything different with the mo. Get Tae to do a forensic of the surrounding area. If the killer is starting to unravel, he might of made a mistake." Jin nods, Jimin turns walking away.

Jimin was sitting in Chan's mother's home, his father having left when Chan was only seven. She insisted on making them some tea, Hoseok sat next to him, his notebook in hand. Jimin smiled as he took his drink, holding it securely in his hand. She sat down in front of them, hands shaking when she takes her own cup. Jimin could see the dark bags under her eyes, she clearly hasn't been sleeping. She looked broken, her hair was a mess, tissues tucked into her sleeves. She looked at him with pain in her eyes.

"Is this about my son. H-have you found him? Is he safe? Please tell me he's okay." Her voice wavers, her hands shaking more.

"I'm so sorry Mrs Lee, Chan's body was discovered early this morning." Jimin bites his bottom lip, eyes filled with sorrow as he looks at her.

Mrs Lee stares at him, shaking her head in denial. Her eyes water, the tea she was holding shaking in her hands.

"No. No. That's not my boy, he's not dead. I know he's not dead." Her voice grows more unsteady, struggling to hold her voice.

"I'm very sorry Mrs Lee, I know this is hard to take in. I can only imagine how hard it is to lose a child." Jimin puts down his cup, pulling out one of his card.

"Here's my card if you need anyone to talk to, I'm happy to help any way I can." Jimin hands her the card, she carefully puts her cup down, taking the card.

Her hands shiver, her eyes were red, tears dripping down her cheeks. She breaks down, hands covering her face as she cries.

"I-I...would like you to leave please." She doesn't look up, staying there in her despair.

Jimin nods, standing up. Hoseok looks at him, about to protest but Jimin shakes his head. He knew now wasn't the time to push her, he almost killed the last victims father by his inconsiderate questions.

Jimin sat at his desk, looking at the pictures Tae took of the crime scene. Chan's body was discovered in Coral garden, being placed perfectly Calla lilies surrounding his body. Jimin noticed how there was a small cut under his cheek, that's never been seen on the other victims. Jimin flicks his hair back, groaning in frustration. He needed to figure out what's changed, why the killing was now changing mo. He's snapped from his thoughts by his phone ringing.

"Hello."

"Sir, another persons been taken. The book has been found at his home."

Jimin bangs his desk, anger surging through him. Why, why so soon. They only just found Chan's body, it has never been this short between finding the body and another person going missing. Jimin ends the call, looking at Hoseok.

"We need to go. He's got another victim." Jimin gets up, grabbing his coat.

Jimin looks through his contacts, deciding to call Jungkook to come help him. He was supposed to be working at the university today, but Jimin needed him now more than ever. Maybe he could shed some light on why the killer was changing.

.....
Love you 😍 thank you for all the love! I means so much to me. Never thought anyone would enjoy reading my crazy books XX