Chap 39: old habits

Jimin sat on the large swing, looking out into the garden. He was trying to clear his head, calm himself down. He couldn't help but feel angry with himself for letting Jungkook get away, he was so close, he almost had him. He groans, banging his head on the side of the swing.

"Jimin!" He snaps his head, seeing Hoseok walking towards him from the house.

"We've done a full sweep of the house, we haven't found anything. Tae's doing some forensic analysis of his bedroom and studying where you found the painting. Yoongi's attempting to breaking into the laptop that was found on the desk, hopefully he can find something." Hoseok goes to sit beside him on the swing.

"That's highly doubtful but all we can do is hope right? Was there anything else of significance found? Anything we can use or will help us?" Jimin looks to him, not sure if he was hoping the answer was going to be yes.

"Not yet, but I did notice some old photos he has of when I assume he was in the orphanage. There's a few names on the back, I'm having Yoongi run their names through the database, see what we can find." Jimin nods his head, frowning slightly, nervous at what they might find out.

"That's something I suppose, can't believe he kept that. I didn't think he would want to remember growing up in that place." Jimin removes his gaze from Hoseok, turning back to look at the garden.

"You know, there's one thing I don't understand." Hoseok stares at Jimin, Jimin's farrows his eyebrows as he glances back at him.

"What's that Hoseok?" Jimin tilts his head.

"That's painting, the one of you. It was extremely detailed, he somehow knew every aspect of your naked body perfectly. How would he know that Jimin, he even drew the tattoo on your side that no one ever sees unless your shirt is off." Hoseok's eye pierce into him, Jimin chews the inside of his cheek nervously.

"I've seen your body enough to know that what Jungkook drew in that painting is unbelievably accurate. And those bruises, they match the ones on your neck almost perfectly. Have...have you and Jungkook slept together Jimin?" Hoseok eyes gaze over him, Jimin's eyes widen slightly in surprise at his question, quickly changing into a frown.

"What are you trying to accuse me of Hoseok? You don't really think I would have a relationship with a murderer, a psychopath like him. We weren't like that Hoseok...well, not anymore." Jimin whispered the last part to himself.

"And it's not exactly any of your business who I sleep with Hoseok, we are not in a relationship. What we do is purely for convenience, nothing more." Jimin becomes defensive, not sure why he was snapping at Hoseok. But he didn't want him knowing the real relationship Jungkook and him had, he could never find out how he truly feels about Jungkook.

"Yeah to you maybe." Hoseok says lowly, Jimin chooses to ignore what he said, he had already began to suspect Hoseok was wanting more than just the casual fuck.

Before they could continue their conversation, Tae comes running behind them.

"I've finished my analysis of the study, haven't really found anything unusual. But that painting, that's one creepy fucking thing. I think Jimin, I think you'll need to get some protection. It isn't a good sign that a serial killer has a painting of you." Tae looks at him concerned, rubbing the back of his neck.

"He's not going to hurt me Tae, if he wanted to he would've done it when he had the chance." Jimin looks down to the floor, clenching his jaw.

"It shouldn't be me you're worried about anyway, Hoseok was the one that got attacked. He's the one that needs the protection." Jimin glances at Hoseok with a sad expression.

"I'm fine, if he tries anything again I am ready. And he has hurt you Jimin, look at your head. That painting in there is of you being tortured, beaten black and blue. And you really still think he isn't going to hurt you?! From what I'm seeing, it seems he most definitely wants to." Hoseok stands up from the swing, now in front of him.

"I'm aware of that Hoseok, I saw the painting too. But it doesn't mean he wants to hurt me, if he did, why has he waited so long?" Jimin tries to convince himself to that Jungkook wouldn't hurt him, after all he said he loved him. He wouldn't hurt someone he loved right?

Hoseok scoffs, pacing around in frustration. He didn't understand why Jimin was so calm, how he wasn't freaking out about the psychotic painting dedicated to  him.

"Fine, whatever you two want. But don't say I didn't warn you, I do really think you two should be careful." Tae shakes his head, realising how stubborn both of them are.

"Don't worry, I can handle myself. And besides, let's not waste anymore time. Take all the evidence we've found in this house of significance, bring it to the precinct so we can have a proper look at them. Get Yoongi to take the laptop to his lab, see if he can find anything. There has to be something in this house, something to indicate where he keeps his victims. It's clearly not here so it has to be somewhere." Jimin gets up, fixing his clothes.

Jimin sat at his desk, looking through the books, papers they found in his study. Most of them were books on serial killers, autobiographies on their lives, everything they did, how they killed, their signature. He had circled some words, highlighting others. Most of them were of the mistakes the killer made that caused him to get caught, along with the signatures the killers left with each body. What the killer would do to their bodies. It made Jimin feel sick, the nausea beginning to come back. Jungkook was truly obsessed, infatuated with death. Jimin also noticed in the library when he had a chance to look, everything was in its place. More precisely, alphabetical order. It was as though he couldn't function if everything wasn't where it's suppose to be.

"Jimin." He snaps his head up, seeing Yoongi walking up to his desk, a laptop in his hand.

"Yes Yoongi? Have you found something?" Jimin looks at him, tilting his head.

"You could say that." Yoongi places down the laptop, moving around to stand beside Jimin.

Yoongi opens up the laptop, going to a file that's on the screen. Jimin noticed pictures, pictures of missing children. He frowns, looking at Yoongi confused, not sure why he was showing him this.

"These are missing children, these children went to the same orphanage as Jungkook. Jungkook came to the orphanage aged ten, 2006. The same year, three kids went missing, never to be seen again. I couldn't find much due to most of it being lost in the fire. But what I did find was several missing reports of children who lived in this orphanage. They stop once Jungkook was old enough to leave." Yoongi flicks through several reports, witness statements at the time.

"And what makes it even weirder, if you put the kids in order of who went missing first. It's in alphabetical order just like these killings." Jimin feels his heart stop, Jungkook's been killing since he was a little boy. He killed children, the most innocent of them all.

Jungkook truly was a monster, a psychopath incapable of remorse or human feelings of any kind. Yet why did somewhere in his heart still ache for him, long to be with him. This couldn't be real, he needed to realise he could never love someone like him. A sadist who only found pleasure in conflicting pain on others, only thing that made him feel any type of emotion. No, he had to stop thinking like this, Jungkook was the bad guy. He needed to be stopped, it was the only way to prevent more innocent deaths. No matter how badly it hurt, he had no other choice. Jimin finally decided, made his choice. He needed to find out where those kids went missing, what was close enough to be a good hiding place to keep a body, where a persons screams can't be heard.

......
Love you 😘 thank you for the constant support, reads and amazing comments!! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, promise it will get exciting soon xx