Chap 110: run but you can't hide

Yoongi was surrounded by officers, the prescient was manic, people sprinting around, others shouting into the phone. Everyone was on high alert, the police car which was lost had been found in a ditch. It was completely destroyed, both officers had died on impact. The car which had been stolen had been found abandoned on the side of the road along with a couple whose throats had been slipped. Their car was missing, they clearly must have swapped cars and killed the witnesses.

That's why everyone was in a panic, desperately trying to find out the couples identity so they could find out what car to look for. They needed to find them, they couldn't afford to have anymore deaths on their hands.

"Yoongi!" Tae comes running to him breathless with a file in his hand.

"What?" Yoongi asked rather harshly, himself busy trying to find this car.

"I've found out who the couple were, the boyfriends DNA was on file. The car which they were driving was registered in his name. It's a red Honda with the license plate CF24GT." Yoongi snaps the paper from his hand, scanning over it before he yelled out to everyone.

"We've found the car! Everyone send out an alert for a red Honda with the license plate CF24GT, we need to find it." This sent everyone into overdrive, picking up phones, radioing officers on patrol to keep an eye out.

They had to find it, had to stop them before anyone else died.

                                       🐰

Jimin sat on the edge of the bed, feet dangling off the side while his forearms rested on his thick thighs. His eyes were locked to the screen, watching the news report which controlled every channel. His eyes farrowed, Jungkook and his pictures were blaring through the screen. They were everywhere, not a single channel didn't have their names.

It was eating at him, the way he was described was cruel.

Disgraced detective Park Jimin is on the run with convicted murderer Jeon Jungkook. It has been confirmed that they have outrun police and are still at large. Be warned they are extremely dangerous and do not approach them if you see them. Call the authorities immediately.

Jimin switches it off, missing one crucial part of the story.

Heroic detective Kim Namjoon is among the many causalities, a statement has been provided confirming his death. Jeon Jungkook is the prime suspect for his murder.

He falls back onto the bed, closing his eyes while he reminisced on everything that's happen up to this point. Reflecting on who he has become, what he has become. He knew he should feel guilt, some form of remorse but he just couldn't. It was like the humanity, human decency within had all but vanished. Being replaced with emptiness, darkness that was shrouded by the love he felt for Jungkook.

Love truly drove you insane, to the brick of insanity.

Love. Love was his cure but also his demise. It was going to kill him and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

                                     🐰

Jungkook walked strong, with a sense of dominance that seeped out of him like a haze warning others not to cross him. His bucket hat hung low, covering his precious face from all those prying eyes desperate to catch him. A mask hiding his cocky smirk which shined whenever he passed someone. In his hand held the small basket, bags of chips, chocolate, bread filled it. His feet thumbed against the hard floor as he strolled down the isles without a care, confidence becoming his downfall.

"Will that be all sir?" The cashier asked, Jungkook nods, pulling out his wallet.

He hands him the money, hearing a ding which sends his head snapping to the door. His eyes narrow at the sight, a police officer had walked into the store. The smirk that laced his lips faded, becoming aware he now needed to be careful. His eyes watched him like a hawk, trailing him as he walked around the little store.

"Here's your change sir." The cashier speaks again but he was to lost, focused on watching the officer.

The officer glances at him causing Jungkook to turn his gaze away, focusing back on the cashier who had been calling him several times.

"Thank you." He takes the change, grabbing his bag full of food, quickly exiting the store.

The officer walks to the window, watching him walk to his car with curiosity. The television behind him bursts, he looks to the screen seeing the exact same car Jungkook had flashing across the screen. An alert screamed, warning if you see this car to call the authorities immediately. The officer looks back to Jungkook only to find him gone, he sprints out, looking around frantically in hopes to find him.

Jungkook races in his car, banging on the steering wheel out of frustration. That was close, to close for his liking. They needed to get out of town, find somewhere to lay low, where it was safe. He knew he had to dump the car, get ride of the evidence that tied them.

Though what he didn't know was it might be to late, the chase may soon be over.

                                      🐰

Yoongi was at Hoseok's bedside, informing him off the progress they had made. He would only nod in response, wouldn't speak or look at him. It was like he wasn't there, there was no life inside him anymore. It broke him, destroyed him seeing Hoseok like this.

"Why don't I get us some food huh? Bet you're hungry." Yoongi touches his wrist, Hoseok didn't reply, Yoongi could only assume that meant yes.

"I'll be back soon okay?" He gets up, glancing at him one more time before leaving the room and his phone by the bedside.

Hoseok's eyes shift to were he once was, expressionless, empty. He moves his gaze back to blankness, letting his pain wash over him, devour him. Silence fell on the room, but it didn't last long when Yoongi's phone goes off, blaring throughout the room. Hoseok flicks to it, hand reaching out to pick it up.

"Hello?" His cracked voice spoke through the phone.

"We've spotted his car, an officer saw it at a convenience stare just outside the city. He lost it but he thinks he must be in town because he brought food and he didn't see anyone else with him." An officer spoke through the phone, spitting his words out in a panic not realising it wasn't Yoongi on the phone.

"Where?" He asked, a fire lighting within him at the thought of catching them.

The officer tells him, Hoseok immediately hung up, throwing his blanket off. He gets out his bed, rushing to get his clothes on. Without a second thought he leaves the safety of his room, taking Yoongi's phone with him.

If anyone was going to stop them it was him. He was tired of this fear, looking over his shoulder. If he had to kill in order to feel safe again he was willing.

A broken heart could make you do unspeakable things.

                                        🐰

Jimin hears a knock at the door, surprising him as he didn't expect anyone nor wanted anyone. He tries ignoring it but the knocking only grows louder. He frowns, not wanting to answer it but yet his feet move to the door. He stops once he reaches, peering into the little eye hole. He lets out a sigh, it was only a maid, only a maid.

"Yes?" He asked through the door, not willing to open it.

"Housekeeping." She said, lifting up her box of cleaning supplies.

'No thanks." Jimin mutters, hoping she'd just go away.

She stands there for a second as if she was contemplating something before she bows and leaves. Jimin watched her through the peephole, seeing her disappear down the hall. His eyes narrow, in the pit of his stomach he felt something was off. He sensed something wasn't right, he could feel it in his bones.

He should've known, should've known you can't out run the law forever.

..........
Sorry my loves for making you wait, it's been a hectic week. Also sorry the chapter was rather boring & sorry for the flicking between point of views & if it doesn't make sense. I swear it does in my mind but not sure it came out the way I wanted.

Cry only a few chapters left😭

Love you my psycho bunnies 🐰