Chap 38: you can't

Jimin stood in the conference room in the police station. He had an evidence board up, sticking the crime scene pictures up along with a photo of the letter and in the centre a picture of Jungkook. Namjoon sat at the end of the table, Hoseok sitting on the side near him. Yoongi, Jin and Tae where also in the room, sitting on the other side of the small rectangular table. Namjoon rested his elbows on the table, leaning forward as he listened to Jimin lay out the plan.

"So, from what we gathered from the crime scene photos and what Jin found from the autopsy's. It is safe to say the person who did is was experienced in the field of killing or at least knowledge. And Jungkook matches with this sir, he has extensive knowledge of killers, serial killers to be exact. He knows how to get away with murder, how to ensure he doesn't get caught by the mistakes he's learnt from his predecessors. Along with the DNA match we have, linking him to being inside Daewon's home before he was kidnapped. I believe we have enough for an arrest warrant, enough evidence to prove he is the killer." Jimin looks to the chief, waiting for his opinion.

"Hmm, I grant you it is a good start. But all we ultimately have is a small amount of blood left at Daewon's home. We can't link him to the rest of the murders, nor to how he knew them. And how exactly did you retrieve this dna Jimin? I don't recall you asking for a warrant to obtain it." Namjoon tilts his head, fixing his glasses.

"Please sir, I truly believe he is the killer. This letter here, the one addressed to me, it's personal, the person who wrote it clearly knows me. The words written I have heard before, Jungkook has said something similar to me on numerous occasions. All I'm asking for is a warrant to search his home, maybe his office too. It is no coincidence that his blood was found, what explanation does he have for it being there. And if he knew his blood would be found why didn't he inform us, explain to us why it was there. I have a good feeling about this sir, I'm just asking for is a chance to prove to you that I'm right. If we catch him now, we might just save his latest victim, Ethan from being found dead." Jimin leans over the desk, hands resting on either side of the table.

"Fine. I'll see if I can get a warrant today for you to search his home. But I want this to be played by the books Jimin, for now I'm going to ignore how you got Jungkook's dna. But if you ever do something like that again I will suspend you and kick you off this case so fast you won't see it coming. Do I make myself clear, and that goes for all of you. I know Tae you were the one who analysed the dna, you to will be suspended without a second thought if you do that again." He glares at them, fingers tapping on the table.

"Thank you sir, I promise nothing like that will ever happen again." Jimin bows, thankful he hasn't punished him for it.

"Now, for the plan. If Jungkook is home, we need to be prepared for a fight. I doubt he will come with us willingly, so we need to have a solid defense in case he gets violent. I was thinking we could call in some of the SOU to come help us-." Jimin's cut off by Namjoon.

"No, I only want who's in this room. We don't have time to wait for them, and I doubt they would come for something as small as searching a home. I don't want the public to worry, and they will panic if they see a bunch of SOU rooming the streets." Namjoon stands up, hand holding the table.

"Okay sir, that's understood. Well then, Hoseok and I will go to his home, see what we can find out. Tae, Yoongi why don't you come with us, might need your expertise if we find anything." Jimin looks to the rest of them, they all nod in understanding.

"I'll come too." Jimin glances at Jin, who stands up from his seat. "Just in case god forbid we find anymore bodies." Jimin nods, looking to Namjoon.

"Okay, call me if you find anything. I'll get you that warrant." Namjoon pats the table, looking at them all before heading out the door.

"Right boys, lets go catch him." Jimin claps his hands together, smiling at them.