Chap 40: untold truths

Jimin stood on stage, in front of several cameras and reporters. Lights flashed, voices mumbling as they waited for him to speak. Jimin chews his lip nervously, looking out to the crowd.

"We have made a development, we believe to have found suspect. His..his name is." Jimin gulps, not wanting to say his name, not wanting to make this real.

"Jungkook, Professor Jeon Jungkook. We urge anyone who may have seen him or knows of his where about to come forward. Please call the hotline on the screen if you have any information on Jungkook, nothing is too small. We also caution anyone who does see him to not confront him, call the police immediately as he is considered extremely dangerous." Jimin frowns slightly when he says that, this was harder than he thought.

"We believe he has killed the four men found along with kidnapping Ethan Stone a executive assistant for Stars entertainment industries. He was been reported missing early this morning, if anyone has any information surrounding him please call the hotline. I assure the public not to panic, stay calm and make sure not to go out at night alone, especially if you are a young man." Jimin bows to the reporters, quickly walking off stage as he didn't want to answer any of their questions.

Jimin ran into the bathroom, sprinting into the stall as he lurched over, puking out everything he had inside his stomach, which wasn't much. He couldn't stomach eating anything at the moment, every second of the day he felt sick, nauseous. He wasn't sure if it had anything to do with having almost being strangled to near death or finding out the man he may love is a serial killer. Probably a bit of both, the throbbing headache wasn't helping matters either. It now seeming to be a permanent part of him.

Jimin wipes his mouth, fetching out a mint to hide the disgusting smell of his vomit breath. He gets up off the floor, going to the sink. Looking himself in the mirror, he frowns at how exhausted he looked. Eyes puffy, blood shot, clothes an utter mess. He hadn't changed them since last night, staying up searching all the old cases near where Jungkook lives as a kid. Finding so many cold cases with similar markings as Jungkook's recent victims, although the burn marks were new. Jungkook clearly had to learn what he liked, having practiced several times until he found what he enjoyed the most. Though they couldn't exactly prove he did them, he knew he did, everyone did. That's when it occurred to him, Jungkook's parents went missing, that couldn't of been a coincidence. Jungkook had to of had something to do with it, he must of done something to them. But what, Jimin hadn't quite figured out yet. He had decided he should make a visit to his home town, to his old house. It wasn't far away, merely a thirty minute drive from here. Jimin shakes his head, taking a few more painkillers to help ease his throbbing headache. He walks out the bathroom, going to his desk.

"You did good Jimin, hopefully this will help us. Maybe someone will have noticed something, seen Jungkook. Least this might help keep the public on our side now they know we have a suspect. The press just needs to stop blowing everything out of proportion and making us look like the bad guys." He looks up to see Namjoon standing at his desk.

"Thank you sir, I hope it helped." Jimin gives him a weak smile, going back to his files.

"Jimin." He looks back up at him, seeing his expression change to one of concern.

"I think you should go home..to put it lightly you look awful. When was the last time you had a good nights sleep?" Namjoon looks him over, now noticing the dark bags under his eyes, old stains on his shirt, face paler than usual.

Jimin thinks about his question, honestly not sure when he last slept through the night. It's been to long that he can't remember, perhaps that also had something to do with his pounding head and frequent nausea.

"I'm not sure sir, I've been rather busy with this case. It's more important than my sleep." Jimin shrugs his shoulders, looking down.

"No it isn't Jimin, I need you at your best. If you're exhausted all the time you're not giving a hundred percent. You could be missing important clues or information due to lack of sleep. I want you to go home, get at least eight hours of sleep. Come back here fresh in the morning." Jimin tries to argue but Namjoon puts his hand up.