Chapter 3

The rest of the day went by fine. I had Colby in the rest of my classes after lunch. I had to sit next to him in both classes! It was horrible.

I walk out of the school and head down the road. "HEY GOLBACH!" Someone yells behind me. I turn around and see Colby and his friends. "Get over here!" Jake yells. I sigh and slowly walk over to them. "Your coming with us." Brennen says. "But I gotta get home." I say quietly.

"I don't care where you have to go. Your coming with us." Jake says grabbing my arm. They look at Colby and he puts his hand up. Jake let's me go. Brennen and Jake walk in the front, me in the middle then Colby behind me.

I can feel my anxiety rising. I start breathing in through my nose out through my mouth. I feel someone's eyes gazing at me. I turn around to see Colby staring at me but quickly looks away. I turn forward and blush.

Was Colby staring at me? We continue walking until we get to a big grey house. We go inside and walk upstairs. "Colby where is your bathroom again? This place is like a maze." Brennen asks. "It's down the hall, second right." Colby says. We walk into what looks like Colby's room.

"Sit." Colby says. I sit down on a chair and set my bag down next to it. "Ah shit. Colbs I gotta go. My mom needs me for something stupid. I'll see you tomorrow." Jake says running out. I continue to look at the ground not making eye contact at all.

Brennen walks back into the room and sits on Colby's bed. "Where are you from Golbach?" Colby says walking up to me. "I-I'm from Kansas." I say. "Kansas Aye. What brings you all the way in Los Angelos?" He asks. "My mo-mother got a new job here." I say still looking down.

"I gotta go Colby. I promised my dad I would help him in the shop today." Brennen says. "Your dismissed." Colby says. Brennen nods and grabs his bag, walking out. Colby sits on his bed and looks at me. I don't look back at him.

"Your hanging out with us from now on. Avoid Corey, Aaron, Elton and the two girls." Colby says crossing his arms. "But-" I get cut off. "No buts. You either hang out with us or I make your life a living hell." Colby says standing up and walking towards me.

"Now, Your dismissed." He says. I nod. I grab my bag and walk out of his room back downstairs and out of his house. I walk home quietly. "What the hell just happened? Colby makes me come to his house and then tells me that I have to only hang out with him and avoid every one else?! It's only the first day of school." I say to myself.