Chapter 38

"Hey guys! Wait up!" I yell. Corey and Aaron keep running down the hallway laughing at something. I chase after them and stop till I'm out of breath. "Corey! Aaron! Wait for me! I'm not as fast as you guys!" I yell but they don't listen. They run into a room and shut it. I run up to it and open it. "The school gym?" I ask quietly. I walk out into the middle of it and look around. "It's so dar-" lights shine down on me and I look around, trying to shield my eyes.
"Look at him! What a loser!" People start laughing and yelling at me. I look around scared. Why is everyone acting like this? What did I do to make everyone hate me? I see a body laying in the middle of the gym. It starts to get up. They face towards me and I see Colby. "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Everyone chants. I look to my left and see a table full of weapons. Colby looks at me and runs over to the table. I do the same and grab a bow and arrows. Colby grabs a knife and gives me an evil smile. I back up slowly while he takes steps towards me. I see him walk fast and I pull an arrow out.
I aim it at his head. I look into his eyes and see fear and sadness. But his face doesn't look anything like that. I let go of the arrow.

I wake up in a cold sweat. I see familiar white walls, white bed sheets, uncomfortable chairs. "I-I'm in the hospital? Ag-again?" I say quietly. "You where stuck inside the bakery." I jump and look over to my right and see some boy with brown hair. "There was a fire and you ran inside to get this box. It has a lock and key." He says. "How did I end up here?" I ask. "The paramedics took you here to get fixed up." He says.

"Oh..." Is all I say. "When can I go home, C-co-Colby?" I remembered his name. "The doctor said that you can go home in the morning." He says. "So for now, we can just talk." He says sitting down. I nod and look at the box that's in his hands. He notices. "What's even in this box anyways? You keep staring at it like theirs something special in it." Colby says shaking the box lightly.

"It's something my mother has been keeping safe for me for years." I say. "Can I have it back now...please?" I ask. He hands to me and I quickly take it. I hug it and start crying a little bit. I open it and look at the pictures. "What are they?" Colby asks. "These are pictures of me, my mom and dad. And as you can see, my father isn't in the picture anymore. My mother collected every memory that she could of us. She continued to do so when my father left." I say. "Now, it's just me." I add.