Chapter 44

I wake up to my alarm at 7:30 am. Groans are made from everybody in the room. "Come on guys. Let's get up. We gotta finish our journey to Colorado." I say. "It's so early thoughhhh!" Aaron whines. "Come on. Everyone up now." I say. Everyone slowly gets up out of bed and starts to get around. We get ourselves and our bags into the car by 8. It's Devyn's turn driving. "We still have 6 hours to go before we get to Colorado." Corey says. "That's so many." Aaron says. "6 isn't even a big number." Colby says. We continue on the highway for about 2 hours before we stop at another rest stop. "Aaron! You could of gone to the bathroom before we left the hotel." Corey says. " I didn't have to go at that time." Aaron says and crosses his arms. 

Aaron and Colby both get out to go to the bathroom. They come back in under five minutes. "Aaron, your driving again." Corey says. "What? Why?" He asks. "Because your the one that made us bring you to this rest stop. So your driving again." Corey says. Aaron rolls his eyes and gets into the drivers seat with Corey in the passenger. Me in the very back with Colby and Devyn in the middle. I lay on the seat staring up at the car ceiling. It's still dark out because of the mountains around us blocking the sunrise. 

I feel someone move my legs out of the way. I sit up and about to say something but they cover my mouth. "It's me." Colby says. "I wasn't going to scream. I knew it was either you or Devyn." I say rolling my eyes. "So, how have you been?" Colby asks grabbing my hand. "I've been doing pretty good. Noah keeps texting me and asking where I am and how much he 'misses me'. I don't fucking miss his ugly ass." I say slouching down. "You shouldn't of even dated Noah. He is just a man whore, going to every girl and boy he can get his hands on." He says. "He just acted like he loved me. I know that soon, his little slut of a girlfriend he has now is going to shattered into a million pieces when he cheats on her for another boy." I say looking down.

"When we get to Colorado, I'm going to take you somewhere." Colby says. I look at him. "Where are you going to take me? May I know?" I ask. "That's for me to know, and for you to find out." He says smirking. "Awwwww. Why can't I knowwwwwww?" I whine at him. "Because its a surprise. Now, quit whining. You sound like my little sister." He says. "I didn't know that you had a little sister." I smile. "Well, I HAD a little sister. After my parents divorced. My mom took me and wanted to take my sister, but my dad got justice for her. So now, I'm guessing she has a whole new mother with my alcohol father." He says. 

I wrap my arms around him and hug him. "It's okay Colby. You don't need your father. You have your mother and us." I say.