Chapter 11

I open my eyes seeing a bright light. "Sam!" Someone yells. I feel arms around me. "LET ME GO! DONT HURT ME AGAIN! IM SORRY!" I scream. "Samuel! It's okay, it's me." They say. I open my eyes wider and see my mother. "M-mom? Where am I?" I ask.

"Your in the hospital. Somebody knocked on the door and when I opened the door I just saw you lying there." She says with tears in her eyes. "Mrs. Golbach, Sam is free to go now." A doctor says. She nods her head and turns back towards me.

"Come on. Let's get you home." She says. The doctor unhooks all of the wires to machines and takes the IV out of my arm. I slowly get out of the bed and use my moms support. "I brought you some clothes to change into. Do you need help?" Mom asks. "No I think I'll be fine." I say.

She nods and leads me to the bathroom. I take the clothes from her and shut the door. I limp my way over to the sink and slowly look up at my face. "Holy shit..." I whisper. I have stitches where Jake put that big cut across my face. I have bruises and smaller cuts as well.

I take the gown off and look at my body. More cuts and bruises all over. I put my clothes on and limo out of the bathroom. We leave the room and ride the elevator down. "What day is it?" I ask. "It's Wednesday ." My mother says.

Mom helps me into the car and I buckle up. Mom pulls out of the hospital parking lot and takes me home. "Do you have my phone?" I ask her, my voice being scratchy. She nods and hands me it. I thank her and turn it on.

Multiple missed calls and texts from Colby.

7:27 am Colby🖤: Where are you? I came to pick you up but you didn't come out
8:48 am Colby🖤: Is everything okay Sam? Sam?
2:30 pm Colby🖤: Sammy, you didn't show up to school at all today. I asked Jake and Brennen if they knew where you were but they said no.

Wow, he's really worried about me.

Sammy: Hey Colby, I'm sorry I didn't answer your texts and calls. I was at the hospital.
Colby🖤: WHY WHERE YOU IN THE HOSPITAL?!
Sammy: just got beat up. I got a few stitches but it's all good.
Colby🖤: It's not all good if you have to go to the hospital! Who beat you up?!
Sammy: They told me not to say...
Colby🖤: Sam, I swear to go if you don't tell me who it is..
Sammy: Can I just come over to your house and talk?
Colby🖤: Of course!

"Hey Mom? Can you drop me off at Colby's?" I ask her. "Ohh, who's Colby?" She asks smiling at me. "He's just a guy I met at school yesterday." I say looking out the window. "Alright, I'll take you to Colby's." She says. I tell her the address and she drives me there.