Chapter 32

I get out of bed and make sure they are all sleeping. I quietly grab the little box I stuffed in my back pack and walk downstairs. I get into my car and drive to the lake. Nobody will be there so I can be alone tonight. I turn the car off and walk down the shore. I find a good spot and sit down. "Why so bad things always have to happen to me?" I ask the moon. "My life has been nothing but downs. You told me I would have more ups than downs in my life. Why did you lie to me?" I ask again. The moon just sits there, doing nothing. I sigh and look at the box.

I open the box and take the lighter out. I flick it once or twice. I roll up my pant leg and flick the lighter again. I put the fire near my leg and burn it. I hiss at the pain but I continue to burn small spots on my leg. After I've had enough, I grab the cigarettes in the box. I take one out and light it. I take in some of it and puff it out. "You know it's bad for our health if you smoke." I jump and turn around to see Colby standing there. I scoff and look back at the water. "What are you doing here?" I ask taking another hit of the cigarette.

"Just walking around, go clear my mind." He says. "Do you mind if I sit there?" He asks and points to the spot next me. "Go ahead." I say. "Why do you even care about my health. I'm fine." I say harshly. "Well, your legs aren't fine." He says point to them. I quickly roll down the legs. "Just leave me alone." I say. Colby takes a cigarette out of the box and lights it. "Well, I don't want to. So I'm going to stay here." He says puffing out some smoke. I roll my eyes and grab my box. I put the lighter and cigarettes back into the box. I stand up and start to walk away. I feel my hand get grabbed and I get pulled back.

I land in Colby's lap with my arms around his neck. He smirks at me. "Why did you-" he cuts me off and starts kissing me. I sit there shocked. He pulls away and smirks again. He sets me down and gets up. "See you next week." He says and leaves. What the fuck just happened?