Chapter 17

My alarm goes off once again. I get ready quickly and grab my backpack. I run downstairs and out the door. I take a nice "jog" to school. I see Noah but I run past him. I look all around the school for Corey and Aaron. I finally find them and run towards them. "Corey....*pant* Aaron...*pant* I need to...*pant* talk to you." I say trying to catch my breath. "Why do you need to talk to us? Your the one that said you never want to see or talk to us ever again." Aaron says crossing his arms. "I just want to say, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean those things I said. Colby was the one who made me. He said if I didn't listen to him he'd hurt me and I've already been hurt enough." I say standing up straight. "Why should we believe that you are actually saying sorry to us and Colby isn't making you say sorry." Corey says angrily.

"I would have a different tone in my voice. I actually mean that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I was such a dick to you guys and the girls. Colby didn't tell me to say sorry to you. I really mean it." I say. They look at each other and then back at me. I look at the ground. "I get it. You don't want to be friends with me again. I treated you like shit. Sorry for wasting your time." I say and walk away. "Sam I-" On of them say but I just keep walking. I go back to where Noah is. "Hey Sam! What's up with you?" He says. "*sigh* I treated my two 'friends' like shit and then I apologized to them but they didn't say anything." I say still looking at the ground.

Noah wraps his arm around my shoulder. "That's happened to me before. I apologized but they didn't accept it. Don't go running back to someone who won't accept your apology." He says. I look up at him. "Thanks Noah." I say and smile. "Now let's go to class." He says. I nod and we walk to first period. We sit in our seats in the back of the class room. Aaron and Corey come in and sit their seats.

A piece of paper lands in my desk. I look to my right and see Devyn and Katrina giving me a apologetic look. I should be the one being sorry. I open the note and read it.

Hey Sam, Corey and Aaron told us what happened this morning. They where trying to tell you something but you walked away before they could answer you. Me and Devyn accept your apology. Aaron and Corey accept your apology as well. Sit with us at lunch again?
-Kat and Devyn

I look up at them. Nodding and smiling. They smile back and I turn to Noah. "Looks like we are going to sit with Aaron, Corey, Katrina and Devyn at lunch from now on." I say.