Chapter 50

I finish eating and out the plate in the dishwasher. I quietly walk out into the living room and see Ollie laying there sleeping. "Ollie." I whisper. "Ollie. I say a little bit louder. He doesn't move or open his eyes. I walk over to the fire place and grab one of those rod things you use to push the wood around.

I walk back towards Ollie and stand behind his head. I raise the rod and aim it towards his head. "1....2...3...." I say quietly and slam the rod in his head. I continue to take it out and push it back into his head. I hear him scream but then go limp. I take the rod out and start bashing his brains in. "This is what you get for kidnapping me!" I scream. I throw the rod towards the fire place and look at him. Dead. Not moving. Bloody.

I quickly put my shoes on and open the door. i lock the knob and shut it. The outside. It feels so nice to be back out here. I start to take a nice jog down the street. I stop quickly. "Wait, I don't even know where I am." I say. "Your in the state of Colorado. City, Denver. Neighborhood, Emington." A voice says. I turn and see an elderly lady sitting at a bus bench. "Oh, thank you." I say and smile. "Your welcome deary. How about you come sit next to me. You look stressed, or willing." She says.

I take a seat next to her. "Well, I'm Samuel Golbach." I say. "*gasp* your the missing boy?" She asks. I nod. "You've been missing for a whole year." She says. "Yah, I just escaped the guy who kidnapped me." I say. "Oh well, you better wait with me until the bus comes. I can make you a meal and you can shower." She says. "Oh you don't have to. I don't want to be a burden." I say politely.

"Son, you will not be a burden in my house. It's just me anyways." She says and smiles at me. "Well, thank you so much...?" I stop because i don't know her name. "Laura Parker. Just call me Laura." She says. The bus pulls up and we both get on. it's about a 7 minute drive before the next stop. We get off and I follow Laura to her house.

She unlocks the door and we walk in. "Follow me up to the bathroom." She says. I follow her up the stairs and into another room. "When you take your clothes off, throw them out of the bathroom. I'll get them clean. I'll leave some clothes folded up in front of the door. I have a grandson that sometimes stays here on weekend. So you can borrow his clothes." She says.

"Thank you so much Laura. I really appreciate this." I say. "It's not big deal son. Now, go get clean." She says laughing a bit. I turn the shower on and strip down. I throw my clothes out of the bathroom and hop in. The warm water feels so nice. His water was freezing cold. I finish up and turn it off. I crack the door open and grab the clothes. I put them on and head back downstairs.

"Um Laura, can I borrow a phone please?" I ask. "Sure sweetie, it's right over there." She says and points over to a phone. I pick it up and dial Colby's number. It rings a few times before I hear a sad hello. "Corey! It's me!" I say. "Who is this?" He asks. "It's -" the phone cuts out. "Damn." I say quietly. "Foods ready sweetie." Laura says. I quickly come and sit down.

I start to eat. "This is really good Laura." I say. "Thank you, it's a family recipe that's been passed down for generations." She says. I look at the the oven and see the time. "It's really already 1 am? I question. "It sure is. How about you finish dinner so then I can take you to the guest bedroom and buy a plane ticket home?" Laura says.

"What? Laura, you don't need to buy me a plane ticket home. I-I can get there myself." I say. "And just how are you going to do that?" She asks. "By walking." ah say confidently. "Absolutely not. I'm buying you a plane ticket home. What state and city do you live in?" She asks. "LA, California." I say in defeat. "Okay, i'll wake you up when you need to get ready." She says.

I stand up and put my plate in the dish washer. I take Laura's as well and put in the dishwasher. Laura takes me upstairs and shows me the guest room. "Now you get some rest. You have a big day tomorrow." She says. "I will. And thank you for everything tonight." I say.