Chapter 37

We all leave the school and head home. "God, I'm happy to get out of that hell hole. I'm so tired and depressed." I say to them. "Hey, we aren't going to talk about Noah anymore. Don't make him think he defeated you. You gotta stand strong." Katrina says. "Thanks Kat." I say smiling. The girls go their way when we get to Main Street. Me, Corey, and Aaron all head to our house. "What do you guys want to do?" I ask. "I don't know, maybe just sit around and play video games." Aaron says. We get near our house when we hear sirens. We turn around and see multiple police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks rushing by.

"Woah, what the heck is happening?" I ask. "It looks like their heading towards the bakery." Aaron says. "NO NO NO NO !" I scream and start running. I run down the street fast. I turn onto Bilmore Ave and see my mothers bakery up in flames. Firemen pile out of their trucks and hook the hose up to the fire hydrant. "Everyone stay back! We don't need people getting hurt!" A police officer says. "No no no no!" I yell. I run past the Caution Tape and run inside. I head towards the back and lift up one of the wooden floor boards. "Thank god its still here." I say. I grab the the box and run. Wood from the ceiling comes crashing down on fire. I run around it but I'm trapped in a corner. "No no no no. This can't be the end for me now. I haven't done everything I've wanted to do." I say to myself.

I hear someone yell my name but I can't see who it is. I hold onto the box tightly and look around. "SAM! SAM! WHERE ARE YOU?!" They yell. "C-Colby?!" I say and black out.