Chapter 5

I walk beside Jake as we head to the cafeteria. I follow Jake to a table in the back corner of the room. It's a small circle table fit for five people. "Sit." Colby says pointing to the seat next to him. I sit down and look at the table. I feel something on my thigh and I look down.

Colby has his hand on my thigh. My face starts to heat up and I see Colby smiling. Jake and Brennen get up to get food. "What kind of tattoo do you want?" Colby asks. He take out his phone and shows me three different tattoos. "Do I have to get a tattoo?" I whine.

"Yes, and a piercing." He says. "I like the second one." I say.

"Alright, we go after school today to get your tattoo and your piercing

"Alright, we go after school today to get your tattoo and your piercing." He says smiling. I nod and smile back. Jake and Brennen come back and sit down. They talk about whatever and I continue looking at the table.

The bell rings and I wait for Colby. We walk into the English class and head to the back of the room. Aaron and Devyn sit all the way in the front and they look back towards me. I don't make eye contact with them and keep look forward.

"Your actually doing a pretty good job avoiding them and not looking at them." Colby says in my ear again. "The last guy we had. We made his life a living hell." He says again. "Well, my life is already a living hell I don't need to make it worse." I say looking down.

The bell rings and the teacher walks in, starting our new lesson. "Today I am going to assign you partners." Mrs. Davis says. "The partners are Katrina and Colby, Aaron and Sam, Devyn and Jake..." She continues with the partners until everyone in the class has a partner.

"Um, Mrs. Davis, I don't think Aaron and Sam should be partners. Can I switch with Aaron?" Colby asks. "Hmm, well, yes Colby you can switch with Aaron." She says. I look over to Colby and give a little smile. Mrs. Davis explains what we are going to be doing for this.

"You and your partner are going to be doing a project about American World History. You can do any even from the past." She says. "You can work in school and out of school." She adds. "Let's do some research here and then we can go over to your house or my house after school today." I say getting some lined paper out.

"Good idea Golbach." Colby says. "Are you ever just going to call me by my first name?" I ask laughing a bit. "Eh, I like calling you Golbach." He says. I roll my eyes and get up to get a computer.

After I grab it I turn around and bump into somebody. "Sam, why are you hanging out with Colby and his goons?! He's a bad person, you need to come back with us." Aaron says. Katrina and Devyn walk up to us with a worried look.

I look at all three of them with a blank expression and don't say anything. "Hey, I thought I told you three to leave my Sam alone." Colby says behind them. "Sam, isn't your property." Devyn says. "I never said he was my property." Colby says getting up in here face.

"Why can't you go find somebody else to have." Aaron says. "Leave Sam alone. He isn't your friend." He adds. "Is that so? Sam, do you like hanging out with me and not these losers?" Colby asks smirking and crossing his arms. "Yes, I like hanging out with you more." I say.

Aaron, Devyn, and Katrina give me a really sad look. "Come on Golbach, let's go back to our seats." Colby says putting his arm over my shoulders. We sit down and I open the computer, logging into it.

"I'm sick of those scums always trying to make friends if they hang out with me." Colby says. "Hey, you told me not to talk to them so I didn't. When you asked me a question I only answered you." I say. The bell rings and we pack up.

"I'll hang onto the paper with our information." I say and walk out of the class with him.