Chapter 33

I quietly walk back into the house and up to my room. I put the box back in the dresser. I take off my hoodie and a piece of paper falls out. I pick it up and read it:

Meet me at the lake tomorrow at the same time. -Colby

I should I even go? He kissed me for god sake even though I'm dating Noah. I look at the time. "6:20 am, Sunday. Might as well making something to eat." I say to myself. I walk downstairs and start to make breakfast.

"Woah! Sam!" I turn around and see Corey standing there with a shocked look on his face. "Did you make all of this by yourself?" He asks walking into the kitchen. "Um..Yah...s-sorry I didn't ask." I say. "It's okay Sam. You don't have to ask." Corey says. I let out a sigh of relief. "I made enough for everyone. Noah is gonna be over in a minute." I say. "I invited Aaron over as well." I add as I put the rest of the toast on a plate.

We hear the door open. Noah and Aaron walk into the kitchen. "Hey guys." Corey says. Noah walks over and kisses my cheek. I feel guilty after what happened last night. "How are you my sweet boy?" Noah asks. "I-im Fine." I say quickly. Shit! I forgot to brush my teeth and use mouthwash. I bet he can smell the cigarettes from my breath and clothes. "Good morning." Mrs. Scherer says. Mr. Scherer follows her close behind.

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Scherer." I say smiling. "Oh Sam, you don't need to call us that. Just call us Julie and Mark." Julie says. "Oh, I uh made breakfast for everyone." I say. "Samuel, you didn't need to make breakfast." Mark says. "I wanted to. You are letting me stay in your home now." I say. Julie walks up to me and hugs me. "Alright let's eat!" Aaron says. We all sit at the table and start to eat. This day is going to be good. I can just tell!