Chapter 31

I wake up to the doctor opening the door. I see Corey with a wheel chair, ready to take to his house so I can live with him now. "Wait, don't I need to get clothes from my house?" I ask again. "Don't worry, I'm gonna take you there first then my house. My parents are out anyways so let's kill the time." Corey says. I nod and he gets into the drivers seat. "I'll text you when I get home." Noah says through the window. I kiss him and Corey drives off.

I look out the window and watch the trees and people go by. The sun is shining. Everyone is out walking, taking a run, or riding a bike. Kids at the playground with their parents. I sigh and look up at the sky. The clear blue sky, no clouds in sight. We pull up to my old home and get out of the car. Corey helps into the house and upstairs to my room. I grab my duffle bag from my closet and just start stuffing clothes and shoes into it. I grab my phone charger and stuff that in as well. "I think I have everything." I say. Corey walks out of the room and I quickly go back to my dresser. I grab my small box and stuff it in as well. I run down the stairs and outside again. I see cop cars in the grass. We get into the car and Corey takes me to his house.

We walk into his house and hear a bunch of loud noises. Like hammering. "Looks like they are working on your room." Corey says smiling. We starts up the stairs and I follow him. He leads me into a room. The walls are a slay blue. There is a book shelf next to a desk. The walk in closet door is open. I pear in and see Corey's parents hammering in some things. They look up from what they are doing and smile at me. "Welcome home Sam!" They both say. They run up to me and hug me. I'm startled at first but then hug them back. "You guys have been working on this room all day just for me?" I ask   "Why yes we did. When Corey told me what happened to your mother I was devastated. And when he asked me if you could live with us I had to say yes." Mrs. Scherer says.

"Thank you for letting me stay in your beautiful home." I say smiling. "Anytime son." Mr. Scherer says. They go back into the closet and finish up what they where doing. "I'll start making done after we finish the closet." Mr.Scherer says. I guess today was a good day.