Chapter 26

I walk to the backyard and walk over to Noah and Aaron. "Why the hell I'd Colby here?" I whisper to them. "I-i didn't even know he was here." Aaron stutters. Noah doesn't say anything. Noah walks past me and walks inside. "Oh no. Noah! Don't!" I yell and run after him. I follow him upstairs and into the guest room. We see Colby holding Corey up on the wall by his neck. "Corey!" I yell out. I grab Colby's arm and rip it down. He drops Corey and I push him back. "What the hell are you doing here! They didn't invite you douche bag! Get outta here! I said I don't want to see you again!" I yell out. I grab his arm and pull it right behind him. I slam Colby into the ground and put my knee into his back.

"Let go! Get off of me!" He yells. "Not until you tell me what you are doing here." I say. "Alright! I just wanted to give you a present! Jeez!" He says. "What is it? If I open it is it gonna splatter paint on me? Or, is it going to punch my in the face?" I say. I press my knee harder into his back. "Gah! Alright! I made it online, it's a hoodie!" He yells. "Grab the box." I say. Corey grabs it and brings it over to me. "Put your knee right there, and hold his arm up." I say. Corey takes my place and I grab the box. I slowly open it and inside I see a black hoodie. "Hmm, you told the truth." I say. I take the hoodie out of the box and look at the front. "B-beyond The Norm." I say.

"Y-you made th-this?" I ask stuttering again. "Yes, it's a good little quote for you." He says. "Let him go." I say. Corey gets off of him and Colby stands up. "Thank you for the present but you need to leave." I say. I turn towards Noah and he smiles. I see Colby leave out of the corner of my eye. I yawn and stretch my arms out. "I think I'm gonna head home." I say. "I'm gonna go say bye to everyone. Come on." I say. We walk downstairs and outside. "Attention everyone! Thank you for coming to this surprise birthday party for me. I appreciate it. I'm going to be on my way now. See you at school!" I yell.

I walk to my new car with Aaron, Corey, Noah, Kat, and Devyn. "Thank you guys so much for this birthday party. You guys didn't have to do that." I say. "But we wanted to. And it was Noah's idea." Devyn says. "Well, thank you guys so much. But I gotta get home. Noah, thank you for the car." I say. I kiss him on the cheek and get into the drivers seat. I pull out of the driveway and get onto the road. I wave at everyone and drive off. "This was the best day ever." I say to myself. I pull into my driveway and my mother comes running outside. I get out of my car and smile at her. "Happy Birthday my baby boy! I can't believe your finally 16 now!" She says and hugs me tight. "Thank you mom." I say hugging back.

"I see Noah got you the 2018 X Sedan. It's a very nice car." She says. "Yah, he said that you where fine with it so he bought it for me." I say. "Come. Cone inside! I have some cake and ice cream and presents for you." She says grabbing my hand and walking me I side. "Mom, you didn't have to get me anything this year." I say holding her hand. "I know but you turned 16 today. I just had to get you this." She says.