Chapter 21

I pack my bag and head downstairs. "Guys I gotta go, I have to help my mom in the shop today." I say. "See you on Monday!" Katrina yells. I leave Corey's house and start walking downtown to my mom's bakery shop. "Sam! Wait up!" I turn around and see Noah running towards me. "Oh hey Noah." I say stopping. "I was leaving too and decided to run after you." He says. "How sweet. I'm actually heading to my mom's bakery shop. You can come with me if you want to help?" I say. "Sure." He says. We continue to walk to the bakery.

"Hey mom!" I say as I walk through the door. My mom walks out of the kitchen with a towel. "Hi Noah." She says smiling. "Hello Makenzie."  Noah says. "You two are gonna help me today, okay? People are going to start rolling in soon." She says. "Alright." I say. "Come on Noah." I say. We walk behind the counter and I grab a shirt for him. "What size are you?" I ask him. "Small." He says. I nod and grab him a small. "Hurry and put this on now. People are gonna be here soon." I say. I throw him the shirt and he takes his shirt off.

I start blushing so I look back under the counter for a notepad. I stand back up and he has his shirt on now. I grab his other shirt and stuff it under the counter. A group of people walk in. "Hello, welcome to the Globach Bakery. What would you like today?" I greet the group. They say their orders and I write it down. "Okay, the next people that come in. Right down what they want. The notepad is literally set up in the way it needs to be, it's not hard. I'm gonna go help my mom bake." I say. I hand him the notepad and walk to the back.

"Oh Sam, can you start making the batter for chocolate cupcakes please?" She asks. I nod. I walk over to the fridge and grab some milk. "I thought I told you to stay away from him." I close the fridge quietly and peek out of the window. "I don't need to do what you say Colby." Noah says. "Well, I don't need you getting in my way of being with Sam. He's mine." Colby says. "Sam told me that he doesn't want to be with you." Noah says back. They continue to talk and fight over me.

I finally get into the view of both of them. "Colby. Leave. Now. I'm not yours Colby. But I'm not yours Noah. So both of you drop it before you two catch these hands (sorry, I just wanted to say that😂) " I say. Colby grunts and leaves the bakery. I glare at Noah and head back into the kitchen. "Ugh, the boys are fighting over me now." I complain to my mom. "Colby came in and started telling Noah how I'm his and not Noah's. I over heard their conversation and stepped in and said something myself." I say.

I pour the flower and sugar together and mix it up. "Life's a bitch sometime honey." Mom says. "Especially when you have two people fighting over you and you haven't even told them they you are gay." I say. "I'm sorry honey. For me, you should pick Noah." She says smiling. "Mom!" I say. "What? He's cute and perfect for you." I roll my eyes and continue to make the batter.