Chapter 39

Colby helps me get out of bed and helps me get dressed. He wheels me out of the hospital and puts me in the car. "I-I live with Corey now, don't I? Ca-can you take me there please?" I ask him. He nods and starts to drive.

We pull into a drive way and Corey comes running out. I try to open the door but don't know how. Corey opens the door and hugs me. "Thank you for bringing him back Colby." He says. "No problem Corey." He smiles. "W-when did you two become fr-friends?" I ask. "When you where in a coma, me, Colby, and Aaron made a deal to be friends." Corey says. I nod. "I-I need to g-go lay-y down." I say. "Let me help you. Colby, I'll be back out in a minute." Corey says.

Corey helps me up the stairs and into my bed. "If you need anything just call." He says and goes back downstairs. I look out my window and look down towards Colby and Corey talking. Did they actually become friends? Or did Corey just say that to make me feel better? I have so many questions going through my head. I can't even comprehend all of them.

I grab my phone and see multiple texts from my class mates asking what happened, and why I haven't been at school. Wow. Didn't know how many people actually cared about me. I just read them all and don't respond. I watch Colby leave and Corey come back into the house.

Aaron, Katrina, and Devyn come running down the side walk. They run up the driveway and into the house. I hear voices and footsteps coming up the steps. My door swings open and there they are. "Oh my god! Sam! I'm so glad your out of the hospital now!" Katrina says and hugs me. "We've been worrying about you for so long!" Aaron says. They all hug me and I just sit there trying to process what is happening right now.