Chapter 6

I walk out of the school with Colby and get into his car. "BROCK!" Somebody yells. We both turn around and see an angry looking Corey. "Where the hell are you taking Sam?! I thought I told you to stay away from him Sam!" Corey yells at us. "I don't need a fucking babysitter Corey!" I yell back at him.

"Golbach-" Colby starts but stops. "I don't need somebody constantly worrying about me and telling me to stay away from these certain people. Well guess what? I can hang out with whoever I want Corey. So how about you and your stupid fucking friends just leave me the hell alone! You got that?!" I yell at him.

Corey stares at me with a look I can't even explain. "Just leave me alone. Come on Colby, we have work to do." I say and grab his arm. We walk back to his car.

"Damn Golbach. I never knew you had such a temper." He says putting his arm around my shoulder. "Well when people like that try to tell me this or that I get worked up. My dad already beat me f-" i shut up quickly.

Colby stops walking and looks down at me. "Your dad beat you?" He asks angrily. "I-I uh. Um..." I don't say anything and just look down. Tears start forming in my eyes. "Come on Sam. Let's get you back to my house and we can talk about it." Colby says.

We start walking to his car but I just drop down to the ground crying. Memories start coming back into my mind. "Come on Sam. Get on my back." Colby says helping me up. He crouched down and I get onto his back. He carries me to his car.