Chapter 43

The candles quickly go out. "We haven't contacted a spirit yet. All we have done is put our fingers on the triangle thingy." Devyn says. "That's weird. Usually this never happens." Colby says. "Oh no." I say. "What? What do you mean oh no? What's happening? Whats going on?" Aaron keeps asking questions. "Aaron! Shut up." I say calmly. We sit there quietly in the dark. "Colby. We need to gather everything up. Right. Now." I say. We both slowly get up and motion everyone to do the same. "Whats going on!" Corey yells out. "Corey! Be quiet!" I whisper shout. I start to slowly pack everything up. I motion everybody to the door. I open it, but then it slams shut. "Fuck." I say under my breath.

"Colby, hand me my fucking phone." I say. Colby hands me it and I open the camera. I turn the flash on and point my phone in different place. I see the lamp move and take a picture. I hear a loud whale. "Everyone out now!" I scream. We all run out the door with our stuff and out of the motel. We get into the car with me in the drivers seat and speed off.

"What. The. Fuck. Just. Happened?" Corey says. I turn around and see him. What's as snow. "We never speak of this again. Colby, we need to talk about what happens when we get to an actual hotel." I say. He nods and I continue driving. I pull into a Red Roof hotel and park the car. We walk inside and get a room. We go inside and set our bags on the bed. "Colby." I say. He follows me into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him.

"What the hell was that thing? I've never seen anything like that." I say concerned. "I've never seen anything like that either." Colby says. "We need to make sure that thing doesn't try to follow us. It's possible for evil spirits like that to follow people anywhere." I say. Colby nods and we walk out of the bathroom. "Okay, let's all go to sleep and forget about what happened earlier. Good night everybody.". I say and lay down in the couch.