Chapter 7

We get into his room and he drops me onto his bed. I curl up into a little ball and continue crying. "Sam, it's okay." Colby says rubbing me back. I sit up and crawl over to him. He picks me up and sets me on his lap. "Shh, shhh. It's okay Sammy." Colby soothes me.

He starts rocking back and forth a little to try and calm me down. "Are you ready to talk now?" He asks. I nod slowly. "When I was about 8 my dad started to drink and smoke pot. Both of those things made him start to abuse me and my mother but mostly me. Every night, he'd come home fr the bar drunk and come up to my room and start beating me." I say.

Colby starts rubbing my back. "One night, we where coming home from dinner and my dad has a few beers while he was driving. He lost control of the wheel and we crashed into the biggest tree possible. I had to get surgery because I cut from my chest down to my lower stomach." I say.

"Is that why I keep seeing that little like peaking out of your shirt?" Colby asks. "It's peaking out of my shirt?! Why didn't you tell me?" I say. "Can I see your scar." Colby asks. "You means scars." I say. He nods and I get off of his lap. I take off his shirt he gave me and let him see all of my cuts, bruises, and scars.

"Holy shit Sam." He says getting up and walking around me. "I still have the bruises. He hit me so hard that these bruises will never go away." I say. Colby traces my huge scar I have.

I put Colby's shirt back on and sit back down on his bed. "Come on Sam, let's go get your tattoo and piercing to get your mind off of things." Colby says putting a hand out for me to grab. I grab it and he still holds it. "Aren't you going to let go of my hand?" I ask.

"Nah, I like holding your hand Sammy." He says. I turn away and start blushing. "Now your calling me Sammy?" I say giggling. "Yup, that name is good for you. But only I can call you that. Not Jake, Brennen or anyone else." He says.