Chapter 28

Me and Noah sit down at our lunch table and chat with everyone else. "Everybody listen up!" Someone yells. We then around and see Brennen and Jake standing on a table. "Oh great." I say. "Tonight, me, Brennen, and Colby se heaving a party at my house! Everyone is invited! It's from 8-1am on Friday. Be there, or be square!" Jake yells. They get down from the table and walk away. "I'm definitely not going to their stupid fucking party." I say crossing my arms. "I'm not gonna try to deal with them again." Corey says.

The bell rings and we all go our separate ways. Mine and Noah's next class is right across the hall from each other. We part and I sit in my seat. The teacher walks in and starts the new lesson. Half way through class the over head speaker comes on. "Attention all staff and students. This is not a drill. There is a white male, with a grey hoodie, black jeans, and blonde hair in the school. I repeat this is not a drill." They say. "Everyone get to the back of the class now. Sam, put the boot on the door and close the blinds. Joe, close the blinds on the windows. Hurry!" Our teacher says.

I put the boot on the door and close the blinds on it. I run to the back of the classroom and hide behind everyone. We sit on the ground quietly and wait. We hear a faint shot of a gun and some girls start crying. I grab one of their hands and whisper to them. "It's going to be okay. We've all practiced this many times. Just take deep breathes." I say rubbing her hand. She nods and starts taking deep breathes. We hear the shots get closer and closer. Someone grabs the door handle and try's to open the door. I forgot to lock the door but I put the boot in. A girl screams when she sees the man in black. He continually runs into the door. When he does the door busts down and he walks inside with two other people.

They start shooting at us. The girls next to me get shot in the head back fall. I lay down quickly acting like I got shot. I make sure to my head in some blood. "This one is still breathing!" One of the men say. I feel the barrel of a pistol on my head. "Don't waste your bullets. He aint the one we looking for." Another one says. The barrel goes away. The footsteps get farther away until I can't hear them any more. I slowly get on my knees and look around. Blood and bodies. I start to hyperventilate. I walk towards the door and peek out of it. The people left the doors open. I look both ways down the hall and don't see anyone. I look straight across and see that door open.

I quickly crawl into that room. I see even more blood and bodies. I slowly stand up and walk around. "S-Sam?" I hear someone say my name. I quickly turn around and see Noah coming from behind the teacher's desk. "Noah." I say and run up to him. He embraces me into a hug and holds me tight. "I-I thou-thought those guys kill-killed you." I choke on my words as I cry. "It's okay Sammy. I'm okay. Your okay and that's what matters." He says. He kisses me and then takes my hands. "Now, we need to get out of here. Now."