Chapter 51

I wake up to Laura's voice telling me to wake up. I open my eyes and sit up. "I washed and dried your clothes. You change into yours and just leave the ones your wearing on the bed. Your flight is at 8:30. It's 6 am right now, we will leave at 6:50." Laura says. I nod and get up. Laura closes the door and I start changing.

Once I'm done, I fold up the clothes I was wearing and put them on the bed. I walk downstairs and sit down at the kitchen table. Laura hands me a plate of food. "Thank you." I say and start eating. Once I'm done, I put my plate into the dishwasher. "It's 6:45. Put your shoes on. We are leaving dear." She says.

I put my shoes on and open the door. I let Laura go first and then me. We get into the car and start to drive to the airport. It isn't that far from Laura's house. She parks and gives me my tickets. "I'm not going to be able to come in there with you because my grandson is coming over in 10 minutes." She says. "That's okay. Laura, thank you for everything last night and today." I say. "It's no problem Sam." She says smiling.

I open the car door and step out. "Um Laura, what day is it today?" I ask. "It's November 27." She says. "I-It's my birthday today. I'm going home on my birthday." I say. "Well, happy birthday dear. Now move along. You don't want to miss your flight." She says. "Bye Laura, and thank you for everything." I say and run off to the airport.

I go through security and into the area where my flight will be. I wait for about an hour and they call my flight. I hand the flight attendant my ticket and she cans it. I walk through the hallway that leads to the plane. I find my seat and sit down. "I'm going home." I say quietly to my self. 20 minutes later, the plane starts to move. It goes onto the runway and takes off.