Ch. 3: Moving In

You get to your destination and you find your aunt and uncle's house. You look and you say, "Wow. They've got a nice place. One of them must own a business with a house this big. I mean it's not a mansion, but still damn nice."

You pull up in the driveway and you stop your car. You say, "I'll get my stuff, later. Right now, I need to see my aunt, uncle and cousins again. I can see Mushi for the first time and Kuki after ten years." You get out of your car and you walk up to the front door.

You knock and you wait. The door opens and there stands a middle aged woman in a purple dress, her raven hair's pinned up in a bun, etc. You say, "Aunt Genki?" She looks at you and says, "(Y/N)? Is that you?" You say, "Yeah. It's me."

She sighs and smiles. She pulls you in for a hug and you hug her back. She says, "It's good seeing you again, dear." You say, "You too." You pull away and you say, "How are things?" She says, "Good. Except your uncle Kani's been having trouble trying to fix the blender in the kitchen for a few hours, now."

You hear a male voice shouting, "Genki! Who's at the door?!" She looks back and says, "It's our niece, Kani!" He yells, "Oh! She's here?!" She looks at you and says, "Come in." You smile and you nod. Your aunt lets you in and she shuts the door.

You say, "My things are still out in my car. I'll get them, later." She says, "That's fine, dear. Come into the kitchen with me. Your uncle's in there." You say, "Okay." You follow her into the kitchen. You see a man with raven hair, glasses, green clothes, etc.

He looks over and he puts the screwdriver down. He walks over and says, "(Y/N)? Is that you?" You smile and you say, "Yeah. Hey, uncle Kani." He smiles and says, "Look at you. It's been over ten years." He hugs you and you hug him back.

You pull away and you look at your aunt. She says, "Mushi's upstairs. I'll go and get her." You smile and you say, "Okay." She walks off. Kani says, "You haven't seen Mushi before, have you?" You look at him and you say, "No. Just Kuki when she was a baby. Around the time I graduated. My mom was surprised I did."

He says, "Your mother? Surprised by YOU graduating? If anything it's her that never graduated from high school. You're better than her." You say, "Ah, her opinions don't matter to me anymore anyways, uncle Kani."

You hear this, "Where is she?! Where is she?!" It's a high pitched voice. You look over to see Genki with a little girl wearing a purple sweater with long sleeves, pigtails in her raven hair, etc. She's also holding a yellow Rainbow Monkey toy. You gasp and you put your hands over your mouth. You say, "Oh my god. Is that... Mushi?"

Kani says, "Yes it is. That's her. She's five years old." Genki looks down at Mushi and says, "Go ahead, honey. Go meet your cousin." Mushi looks at you and walks over. You smile and you duck down. You say, "She is so adorable."

She smiles and drops her Rainbow Monkey and she runs to you yelling, "Cousin!" She hugs you and you hug her back. You say, "It's good to meet you, Mushi." She pulls away and she picks up her doll saying, "See my Rainbow Monkey?" You say, "Yes, hon. I see that. Awesome." You look up at Genki and you say, "Where's Kuki?"

Genki says, "She's out with her friends at the moment. Their own club house. She has four friends she sees all the time." You stand up and you say, "I appreciate this guys. Letting me stay here for a while until I'm back on my feet." Genki says, "Not a problem, (Y/N)." Kani says, "Spare room's upstairs next to Kuki's room." You smile and you say, "Thank you." Genki says, "She should be home anytime."

Moments later, the front door opens and in comes a prepubescent girl with long raven hair, a green sweater with long sleeves, etc. That's Kuki. She shuts the door behind her and yells, "Mom! Dad! Mushi! I'm home!" Genki yells, "In here, dear!" She says, "Okay!" She walks into the kitchen and she sees her mom, daddy and sister.

But she also sees a grown woman in there. You. Genki says, "Kuki. Remember when I told you that your cousin will be staying with us?" Kuki says, "Yeah. Is that her?" Kani says, "Yes it is." You put your hands over your mouth and you say, "Oh my god. She's gotten so tall."

Kuki smiles and runs to you saying, "Cousin!" She hugs you and you smile and hug her back. You say, "Oh, Kuki. It's been so long. I haven't seen you since you were a baby." You pull away and you say, "How old are you now, Kuki?" She says, "Ten." You say, "Wow."

You stroke her hair and you say, "Gosh. You're so pretty." She smiles sweetly and says, "Thanks." She giggles and you say, "So enthusiastic too." Genki says, "Yes. She is. She's got an extensive collection of Rainbow Monkeys. She lives for them." You look at your aunt and you say, "I wanna thank you guys. I had to get away from Ronnie." Kani says, "Is that the guy that Genki said abused you?" You say, "Yes. My mom was no different."

You lean in and you whisper, "The bitch would lock me in a room for hours." Kuki hears this and is saddened. She whispers, "Oh no." Genki says, "You can talk to us more about what happened, later. For now (Y/N), get some rest. You've been through enough." You nod and you say, "Yeah. I'll do that." Genki says, "Kuki. Would you help (Y/N) with her things later?" Kuki smiles and says, "Sure, mama."

*************************************

About an hour or so later, you're getting your stuff out of your car. Kuki's helping you. You say, "Thanks for helping me with my stuff, Kuki." She smiles and says, "No problem." You say, "Hey um. Where exactly do you go? Do you have some kind of secret?"

She says, "What secret?" You say, "Your mom tells me you go to a tree house." She says, "Oh THAT. It's really no secret, silly. I'll tell you. I'm with the Kids Next Door. I'm an operative in Sector V. I'm known as Numbuh 3."

You say, "So it's not a regular tree house, but rather a base where you fight off enemies and stuff? Like some sort of agents?" She smiles and nods saying, "Mhm." You say, "Cool. Who are your biggest enemies? Just wondering."

She says, "We get enemies like Numbuh 5's sister Cree. She's with the Teens Next Door. They can't stand us. Adults even. There's Count Spankulot. Gramma Stuffum... But mostly The Delightful Children From Down the Lane and their dad... Father." You say, "Father?" She nods. You shrug and you both head inside the house.

You get your things upstairs and you get to the spare room. You get your stuff in there and you say, "There. Thanks again for helping me out with getting my things in here, hon." She smiles and says, "You're welcome, (Y/N)." 

You sit on your bed and you sigh. You get your phone out and you look at it. You say, "You wanna watch some funny videos with me?" She says, "Sure." She comes over and sits on your bed with you. You both watch videos and laugh.

You see Mushi looking in. You look over and you smile and say, "I see you. You can come in here, hon." She smiles and runs in. She gets on the bed and sits on your lap. You say, "Wanna watch funny videos with us?" She says, "Yeah!" You all watch videos and laugh the rest of the time.