Ch. 4: The Kids Next Door and At a Bar

The next day, you're in your room. You're looking at your facebook on your laptop. You see your best friend Shirley's post. It's a picture of you and her at the ages of twelve. Probably somewhere back in 2002. You say, "Holy crap. My hair was short. They called us dykes in school. Assholes. Well, my mom did too."

You scroll through your newsfeed. But then you see a few friend requests. You look to see them from Genki, Kani and Kuki. You immediately friend them and you say, "Good. Got more family on facebook. Well, the good ones that is. I never friended my mom. She's dead to me."

You hear this, "She is to me too." You look over in the doorway to see your aunt Genki. You say, "Hi, aunt Genki." She sighs and says, "I've faced the same things, (Y/N). I know. We've talked about this last night after the girls were asleep." She walks in.

You sit up and you say, "Same assholes. But bright side is... neither of us ended up like them." She says, "You're not lying about that. I can already tell, hon. You're much better than your mother is. Grandmother even. Mind if I have a seat?"

You say, "Not at all. It's your house." She smiles and sits on the bed. You face her. She sighs and looks at you saying, "I'm glad you've contacted us. Things could've gotten worse for you. The whole incident with your ex boyfriend. You did the right thing by sticking up for yourself. And besides, we're your only resort."

You say, "Trust me. I've been trying to get to you guys for years. By the way, I got your guys' friend requests." She says, "That's good. I got the notification." You say, "I guess you still believe Mushi's too young for facebook, huh?" She says, "I'll give her a few more years. When she's at least Kuki's age."

You say, "I think I may go out for a few drinks later. I'm still trying to get over what I've been through." She says, "Do what you need to do. Just do me a favor, (Y/N)." You say, "Sure. What is it?" She looks at you and says, "Be careful. You know you're not safe, anywhere." You say, "Yeah. I know. Don't worry. I'll be fine."

She says, "That's good. I'm making dinner after Kuki gets home from school." You say, "Alright. Sounds good." You talk with her and she gets up and leaves your room. You look at your laptop the rest of the time.

**************************************

Some time later after dinner, you're up in your room. You realize how quiet it is next room over and you say, "Huh. Did Kuki already go to sleep? It's hella early and it's Friday night. She should be able to stay up a bit later." 

You get up and you say, "I'm gonna check to see if she's alright, though. I'm worried." You leave your room and you go to the next door over. You knock and you say, "Kuki? You in there, hon?!" You hear nothing. You knock again and you say, "Kuki?"

You hear this, "Kuki's with the Kids Next Door if you're wondering." You look down to see Mushi and you say, "Oh. Hey, Mushi. How are you, sweetheart?" She says, "Good." You say, "So your sister's out with those Kids Next Door?" She smiles and nods.

She says, "I'm going downstairs to get a cookie. Don't tell mom and dad I'm getting one this late." You giggle and you say, "You have my word for it. Don't get caught." She gulps and she says, "Y-yeah. Okay." She runs off. You giggle. You walk into your room.

You sit on your bed and you get your shoes on. You grab your phone, purse and car keys and you head out of your room. You head downstairs and you head out the front door. You get to your car. You get in and you put the key in the ignition. You start the car and you pull out of the driveway. You drive off.

You drive around and you say, "Now, where is this tree house?" You look over and you say, "Oh. That must be it." You see a big tree house with a few numbers on it. You say, "Kuki must be here." You drive by the tree house and you park right outside.