Ch. 29: Ashley's Change

A day passes. You, Father, the Delightful Children and Judith are all in the dining room. The maids cooked a giant chicken, some casserole and many other things. You've got Judith in your arms as you feed her her formula from her bottle. You've got her in one arm and you're eating your dinner, using your other hand.

Also, quite recently, one of the Delightful Children showed a tiny sign of change. Ashley. Since this morning, you've noticed her almost stuttering. She'd even put her hands on her stomach. Lenny, Bruce, David and Constance would look over at her with raised brows. Father was concerned about her, even.

You say, "Children." They look at you and they say, "Yes, mother?" You say, "I'll need to have a talk with one of you, later. That is if it's alright with you." They say, "Which one of us, mother?" Father says, "Ashley." They look at him.

He looks at them and he says, "Children. Since I've made it to where you will grow older, things will change about you too. It seems as though Ashley may be going through with that right now. So I'm gonna do what I hardly ever do... separate one of you." Their eyes widen and they say, "Separate?! Not for a bath or anything?"

Father says, "That's right. Your mother would like to have a talk with one of you. And that would be YOU... Ashley." All but Ashley say, "She has been acting kind of strange, mother and father." You say, "That's why I'm gonna have a talk with her, alone. I have questions to ask her. Something I'll ask Constance in about a year or so."

Ashley sighs to herself. You all eat dinner. Ashley feels a bit strange below her stomach and she does her best not to show any sign of weakness. You look over and you sigh. You whisper, "Mama will have a talk with you later, sweetie. Just hang in there. Eat your dinner." They look at you and they nod. You all eat the rest of the time.

***************************************

After dinner, the Delightful Children are on the balcony, looking out at the sky. They say, "Soon the Kids Next Door will fall right into our trap. We'll put a false cake, making them think it's our cake... and then we'll trap them." They laugh.

Ashley gulps and she barely looks down. She notices something running down her leg. Looked like... blood. The other Delightful Children see this and they look at her. They head inside and they yell, "Mother! Father!"

They hear footsteps and they see the door opening. There's you and Father. You say, "Children. What's wro..." You gasp and you say, "Oh god." They say, "Mother. Father." All but Ashley say, "Ashley's bleeding." Father says, "I should have known." He gets a remote control out and he points it in their direction. He zaps Ashley. She's separated.

You walk over to her and you say, "Come here, sweetie." She walks over and she hugs you. You pull her close. You can feel her shaking a bit. You say, "Oh shit. H-hey. Honey, it's okay. Let's take you elsewhere. Mama will have a talk with you." She says, "Y-yes... mother." They all say, "Where's Judith?" Father says, "She's laying down for a nap."

You say, "Ben. I'll be back. Children. I'll be back." They say, "Okay, mother." Father says, "Do what you need to do. I get it. She may be delightfulized, but she's still a prepubescent female. Constance, too." Ashley clings to you and says, "Mother." You say, "Come on, honey." You take her somewhere else.

Moments later, you're in your bathroom with Ashley. She says, "M-mother. I... I'm scared. What's going on with me?" You look at her and you say, "Ashley. You're going through what all girls go through. You're having your period. You're eleven years old. You're at that age."

She says, "Is that what they call period? We've heard it from high schoolers, mother." You say, "Yes. That's what it is, sweetie. Keep an eye on this. This will happen to you once a month for several years. Five days a month. Up until you're fifty something." She says, "It will?"

You say, "Yes. Constance will go through with this later on, too." She says, "The boys?" She says, "No. Boys can't get that. Only girls get them, honey." She's still shaking a bit. You say, "Oh, sweetie. It's okay. Calm down."

You stroke her dirty blonde hair and you say, "It's okay, my delightful beauty. Mama's right here. You're okay. It's one hundred percent natural. Hold on. I've got something for you. You'll need these every day as long as this happens."

She says, "What would it be?" You walk to the triple sinks and you open a drawer. Your side of the sink. You get something out. It looked to be a pad. You walk over and you say, "Here." She takes it. You say, "Tape that inside your underwear. Right under your... Yeah. You'll need it." She says, "So, I'll have this happen every month, mother?"

You say, "Yes. You'll get used to it, Ashley. Also... there's gonna be times where you'll be very moody. Very angry. And you can't control it. That's part of it. I'll leave so you can get that on. Be out after you're done." She says, "Yes, mother." You kiss her on the cheek and you say, "I love you." She smiles and says, "I love you too, mother. Thank you for having this talk with me. I'm not so nervous, now."

You smile and you say, "Anytime, sweetheart. Remember, every girl gets this by your age or later... or sooner." She says, "How old were YOU, mother?" You say, "I... was ten." Her eyes widen. You say, "Yeah. I'll be right outside the door." You walk out.

You get into your room and you see Father walking in. He's got a crying Judith in his arms. You say, "I see she just woke up." He says, "Yeah. I thought things over." You say, "What?" He looks at you and says, "Not only did I choose the most beautiful female to be my wife and mother to my children... but I'm glad you're here, now. Even after this thing with Ashley. I forget I have girls. And they need a mother figure."

You say, "Constance in a few years. And her in over a decade." You say that, pointing to Judith. He says, "Ugh. Don't remind me of that of my own biological daughter." You giggle a bit and you say, "Well it'll happen, Ben." He says, "I'm keeping Ashley separate from the other Delightful Children for at least seven days. I did make it to where they would age. Things will change for them."

You say, "That's true." Father looks at Judith and he rocks her a bit saying, "Shh. Baby... It's okay. Daddy's right here.~" He kisses her on the cheek. Her cries stop and she coos. She hugs him. You smile and you say, "Awe. She can't get enough of daddy... but then again..." You walk over to him and you cling to him saying, "Neither can I.~" 

He chuckles and whispers, "Even after last night's event.~" You blush and you giggle saying, "Dominance suits you, sweetie.~" You hear the sink running in the bathroom and then you hear it shut off thirty seconds later.

The door opens and out comes Ashley. You say, "Ashley." She looks at you and says, "Yes, mother?" You say, "Your father's keeping you separated from your delightful siblings for a week. Just until you're over... THAT. Until it happens again, next month and every month." She says, "Yes, mother." 

You say, "Be ready to have your dessert. All five of you." She says, "Yes, mother. Thank you." Father says, "After this, Ashley... you'll be back with them. I know you're not used to being separated from your siblings. Or used to speaking on your own. But things have changed for you. You'll remain separated until then. Understand?" She says, "Yes, father."

You lean down and you kiss her on the forehead. You say, "We'll be right out, honey." She says, "Okay, mother." She heads out of your room. You and Father have a talk with each other the rest of the time.