Ch. 44: Flashback

It's Friday. Genki is preparing to make dinner. She suddenly gets a phone call and she picks her phone up. She sees Kuki calling her. She answers it and says, "Kuki. Where are you? I didn't see you come home."

Over the phone Kuki says, "Sorry mom. I'm at Abby's place. We all are. She's having a party later on." "Oh, a party huh? Well at least come home for dinner. It won't be too long until it's ready. After that, I'll let you head back to Abby's." "Okay mom. I'll be there in a bit." "That's good. Love you, dear." "Love you too, mama." Genki hangs up and she continues making dinner.

She sees Mushi walking in and she says, "Hello Mushi dear. How was school for you?" She says, "Good mama. What are you making?" She says, "Spaghetti. Your sister's at her friend's. She's coming home for dinner and then leaving again for a party."

Mushi says, "A party?! And she didn't ask ME if I wanted to go?!" Genki says, "Now dear. This is a party Kuki's going to with her friends. You might want to ask her first if YOU want to go." Mushi looks away and smirks saying, "Hmm... Maybe I will."

*****************************************

Back at the Delightful Mansion From Down the Lane, you're in the living room. You've got Jasper in your arms. He had fallen asleep. You look at him and you smile whispering, "My baby boy." You kiss him on the cheek. He sighs and tugs at your shirt as he sleeps.

You suddenly feel something. Like a flashing image and you gasp. You say, "What the hell?" You look at Jasper and you carefully lay him on the couch. He groans a bit. You whisper, "Sorry, baby." You get up and you walk to the other side of the living room. You feel another flash image and you whisper, "What the fuck is going on with me?"

Your eyes turn red and you start seeing an image. More like a flashback you don't remember seeing. But you see your mom Megumi at a young age. Fifteen. How do you know that? She's got a baby in her arms and that baby... is you. Back in 1990. The year you were born.

(Flashback.)

Megumi is fifteen years old. This is back in July 1990. You were just born three days ago. Your mom is still living with her mom Tomoko. Genki is nine years old. Their mom, your grandma is widowed because their dad died two years previous. 1988.

You're crying. Your mom has you in her arms and she's making a bottle. She says, "Oh for god sakes. Shut up. I'm getting it." You continue crying. She yells, "Shut it, little bitch!" You stop crying. She sighs and says, "That's better."

She gets your bottle done and she says, "Here. This'll shut you up." She gives you your bottle and you drink it. She looks down at  you and she sighs. She says, "Not my fault your dad Derek is a stupid ass who won't stay." She walks into the living room. She sits on the couch with you as she feeds you.

Genki looks over and says, "Why do you always have to yell at her? She's just a baby, Megumi." Megumi looks at her younger sister and says, "Mind your own goddamn business, brat. She's MY fucking kid. I'll treat her however I want to."

Genki squints her eyes and says, "One day I'll take her from you." Megumi says, "Ha. I'd like to see you try, you little turd. You can't do shit. You're nine years old. And even if you were older, you wouldn't be able to take her from me. Just try." Genki sneers and faces the TV saying, "I hate you. The only good thing to come from you is (Y/N)." Megumi sarcastically says, "I love you too. Little bitch."

Megumi hears a knock on the door and she gasps and smiles saying, "That's gotta be him! That's Gregory Thompson!" She sets you down on the floor. The bottle falls. You start crying. Genki growls and says, "Choosing a stupid guy over your own daughter."