Ch. 55: Family and Friend Support

You make it back to the Delightful Mansion. You get inside. You've got the Delightful Adults with you. You have Jasper in your arms as you hold him close. You sigh and you say, "Oh my baby." You sniffle and you say, "You're okay." You kiss him on the cheek.

Father says, "Let's get him upstairs. And we're locking his window this time." Judith says, "Is he gonna be okay?" Father says, "He is. We promise. Katherine drugged him so he'll come down from that anytime now. It won't be long."

The Delightful Adults say, "Never have Katherine here again. She almost hurt our brother. She's bad news." You say, "I guarantee you five... we won't. Not after kidnapping my baby. I'm taking him upstairs." Father walks over to you. Violet does too and says, "Mommy. Daddy."

Father picks her up and says, "Let's get you back to bed, my little fireball. You too, princess." He looks over at Judith. The Delightful Adults say, "Goodnight to you three." Judith says, "Goodnight guys." Violet says, "Night night." She leans her head on Father. You all head upstairs.

You can hear Jasper about to wake up and you gasp. You look at him. He groans a bit and he opens his eyes. You say, "Jasper?" He looks up and says, "M-mom? Wha... what happened?" You say, "You're home now, baby. It's okay. Mommy and daddy got you." You kiss him on the forehead.

He says, "Wait." He moves away and says, "Didn't Katherine..." Father says, "She's been taken away, son. She was arrested for kidnapping." Jasper says, "Wow. I... and I liked her. I even had a crush on her."

Father says, "Son. I'm very aware of what happened between you and her." Jasper sighs. Father says, "But that doesn't matter now. We've got you back." Jasper says, "And to think I liked her. Now I don't think I wanna see her again. Especially after her drugging my juice. She's crazy." You say, "Oh, baby. I knew you were scared. But so was I. My little boy went missing." You stroke his hair.

He hugs you and you say, "Oh, honey." You hold him close. You tell the girls goodnight. You and Father kiss them goodnight and Judith takes Violet. They go to bed. Judith takes Violet into her room then walks out and goes into her own room to sleep.

You say, "Ben. Just for tonight, I want Jasper to sleep in our room with us. Even with what happened tonight." He says, "Alright. Let's take him." You smile and you and Father walk to your room, taking Jasper with you. You say, "You sleep with mommy and daddy tonight, okay? I'm not gonna risk letting you sleep alone in your room. Not tonight. Not after what happened." Jasper nods.

You get into your room and you walk to your bed. You lay Jasper down and you get his shoes off. You take his glasses off and you and Father get your shoes off as well. You get on the bed. Father turns back into Benedict and he says, "Good. God, what a rough night." You say, "I know." Benedict gets his glasses off and he sits them next to Jasper's.

Jasper is laying between you and Benedict. You pull the covers over him and you sigh and smile. You hold Jasper close to yourself and you sob a bit. Tears come down your face. Benedict hears this and says, "Honey. It's alright. He's right here."

You say, "I know. I was just so scared. I thought something worse was gonna happen to my baby." Jasper says, "Mom. Don't cry. Please?" You sigh and you say, "Okay... I won't." You kiss him on the cheek. You all fall asleep.

*************************************

The next day, Judith and Jasper are running around the lobby in the Delightful Mansion and laughing. Violet's joining them and yelling, "Yay! Running!" They hear Benedict yelling, "No running!" They stop.

He says, "You can play, but no running around! You remember what happen last time, Jasper!" They all say, "Sorry!" Jasper says, "Oh right. I hit my head on the stair rails last month." Judith says, "Jasper." He looks at his older sister saying, "Yeah, Judith?" She says, "I'm sorry." He says, "For what?"