Ch. 18: The Truth

Back at your aunt and uncle's house, they're in the living room. Kuki had just gotten back from school. Genki and Kani picked Mushi up from preschool. Kuki left school with Abigail and her parents. They dropped her off and they went home.

Kuki and Mushi are watching Rainbow Monkeys on TV. Genki and Kani look over at their daughter and Genki sighs. Kani says, "You wanna tell them, now?" She says, "After Rainbow Monkeys." He says, "Okay." Mushi looks over and says, "Tell us what, mama?" Genki says, "I'll tell you girls in just a minute." Mushi says, "Okay." They watch cartoons.

After the show, Kuki looks over and says, "What did you guys wanna tell me and Mushi?" Mushi says, "Yeah. What is it?! What is it?!" Kuki turns the TV off and the girls look at their parents. Genki sighs and says, "Do you wanna know where (Y/N) had been living for the next eight years until she was eighteen?"

Mushi says, "Where?" Kani says, "Truth is, she was living with us for eight years." Kuki says, "She was?" Genki says, "Yes. The abuse she received from her mom got so bad, I couldn't take it. So the court made a decision for me to take her in. Your father and I had custody of her until the day she turned eighteen. Then she moved in with her friend Shirley after that. Your aunt Megumi was arrested for child abuse. And for... smuggling drugs as well."

Kuki says, "Wow. You guys had (Y/N) with you for a while before I was born?" Kani says, "That's right. But someone let her mom out of jail a few years later. A guy she met. They found (Y/N) at the high school and took her somewhere. It was to get a lottery ticket for them. She scratched off a winner and her mom told her she'd take her back. But your mother and I weren't having that."

Mushi says, "You mean aunt Megumi only wanted (Y/N) back because she won money for her?" Genki says, "That's right. (Y/N) herself wasn't falling for it. So technically, they kidnapped her... just for that. I found them at Megumi's house." Kani says, "Her boyfriend tried to attack us, but (Y/N) came at him with a lamp. Knocked him out with it."

Kuki says, "(Y/N) told me she did that to her ex boyfriend before she came here!" Genki says, "We took her back. She ended up taking the lottery ticket with her. She got a new car with it. She loved driving around in that thing. But she ended up getting hit by another car."

Kuki and Mushi gasp. Kani says, "She was knocked out cold and taken to the hospital. Thank god she was alright. Alive and well. She had a couple of broken bones, though. Her right arm and one of her ribs. She was wearing a sling on her arm for a few weeks." Genki says, "She's healed up pretty fast though."

Mushi says, "What's a sling?" Genki says, "It's what they use for someone as a cast to keep their arm in place after surgery. Hangs from the back of their neck to keep their arm up." Mushi says, "Oh. I saw a boy wear one of those walking down the sidewalk."

Kuki says, "Wow. (Y/N)'s been through a rough life with aunt Megumi." Genki says, "It's a good thing she wasn't around her for much longer. It would've really messed her up. Poor (Y/N) suffered a bit from P.T.S.D."

Kuki says, "What's that?" Genki sighs and says, "Post traumatic stress disorder. Where somebody has had a traumatic experience. Whether it's war, abuse... any of that. When it comes to your cousin, it was child abuse. It was so bad for her that she'd have nightmares about it when she was living with us. It took her two years to get over the nightmares."

Kuki and Mushi gasp and Kuki says, "My gosh. Poor (Y/N)." Kani says, "But she got comfortable with us. She was happy for once in her life. She could smile for once without feeling any fear of walking into the house." Genki says, "I've wanted nothing more than for her to have her happiness. Just like I want for you two."

Kuki says, "Wow. I had no idea." Kani says, "Yeah? Well, now you girls know the truth about where (Y/N) went after living with her abusive mother. She was with us for the next eight years." Genki says, "By the way, we're getting pizza tonight." Kuki and Mushi say, "Okay." The girls turn the TV back on and they watch it. Kani and Genki get up and they walk off.

*********************************

Back at the Delightful Mansion, you're sitting in yours and Benedict's room. He's in there with you. You told him everything. The truth about where you were living after you lived with your mom.

You say, "So yeah. I was finally taken away from that bitch. They put her in jail for child abuse and smuggling cocaine. Went to live with my aunt and uncle before they had kids of their own." Benedict says, "Wow... My father's pretty evil, which I admire. But he was a jerk. But now that I come to think of it, your mom makes my pops... look like a saint." 

You say, "Doesn't surprise me someone pointing that out. She was awful. I'm just glad the children didn't have to put up with a woman like that. I'm glad I didn't turn out like HER. She's just... yeah. I've lived through it. I've had the nightmares." He says, "You never told me you had P.T.S.D." You say, "In a way, I did. Sometimes it still freaking hurts. The memories remain."

He says, "Honey... New plan. For us that is." You look at him. He looks at you and he says, "The moment we ever see our parents again. Your mom... My dad... We'll exact revenge. A little payback for what they did to us. How they've mistreated you and I."

You grab his hand and he grips yours. He says, "Our Delightful Children can do their own plan with their cake... You and I have waited forever for this. The day we fight back at the ones who ruined our lives to begin with. Our childhood."

You say, "Alright baby. If it's payback you want us to get, then payback it is. I at least wanna see the bitch back behind bars. I won't let her near, Kuki, Mushi or our Delightful Children." He turns into Father and he says, "It makes me so angry, thinking about it sweetheart. It really does. So damn angry." Fire develops around him and you look at him.

He looks at you and he says, "I love you so much (Y/N). We'll leave our Delightful Children to their own thing. We'll do ours. With you by my side... we'll be unstoppable. Our little revenge." He chuckles and you smirk. You say, "Yes, baby. Vengeance... will be ours.~" You close your eyes and you open them, only for them to be glowing red.