Ch. 9: Kuki Finds Out

The next day, you're back at your aunt and uncle's house. You're in the kitchen washing some dishes. You've got a smile on your face after the event with Father last night. You sigh and you whisper, "Oh, last night was great.~" You quietly giggle to yourself and you continue doing dishes.

Genki had a talk with Mushi's preschool teacher today and the teacher apologized for the inconvenience. She saw the same boy who blamed her do something pretty bad today and he admitted to his wrongdoings and blaming Mushi for the thumbtacks in the seats. This infuriated you. But aside from that, you're happy about last night.

You get done with the dishes and you see your aunt walking in. She sees the look on your face and she says, "You're happy about something." You smile and you say, "Oh. I'm just in a good mood today." You lie and you say this, "After getting away, things got better."

She says, "I see." You say, "Yeah. I..." She says, "(Y/N). I know it had something to do with that man you've met. I know that look when I see it." You blush and you say, "Well. Okay, maybe it is that." She says, "I guess you and Fabio are more than just friends, huh?" You say, "Yeah. You could say that. Hey look. I'm pushing thirty. I need someone. You know?"

She says, "Let's just hope he's not like the last man. Hurting my niece the way he did. You should have come to us a long time ago." You say, "I would have. Trust me. But I was weak when I was dating Ronnie. And it wasn't until later on that I had the guts to fight back and leave. But I've met someone who... well... looks better than he does, anyways."

She says, "When Kuki gets back from Gallagher Elementary, we're all going out to eat. You'll come too, right?" You say, "Yeah. I will. I'll tell Fabio I'm eating out with family." She smiles and says, "Good. He can hold off on seeing you for one moment, can't he?" You say, "Yeah. He said meet with him again as long as I show up later on, tonight."

***************************************

Hours later, you're at a fancy restaurant with your aunt, uncle and cousins. You're eating shrimp scampi on your plate and you've got a glass of red wine by you. Kuki says, "What are you drinking, (Y/N)? Can I have some?" Kani says, "Absolutely not." You say, "It's wine. You'll have to wait eleven more years for that, hon." She says, "Oh."

You get a message and you look at your phone. You look at it and it's from Father. It reads, "Where are you right now?" You text him back with, "I'm out eating with family." You send it. You get this, "Be here after you're done." "Okay. I will." You send it. Genki says, "Is that him?" You nod. Kani looks over and says, "Man. That guy just doesn't leave you alone for a second, does he?"

You giggle and you say, "Oh, it's okay uncle Kani. He's a great guy. Better than the last one. I'll say that." You eat your food. Mushi grins and says, "It's her prince. And she's gonna marry him and have children with him." She giggles.

Genki says, "That's enough, Mushi." You say, "Oh, it's okay. In a way, he is one." Kuki looks at you and thinks to herself, "Is she sure his name's Fabio? I'm gonna follow her later and find out." You all eat the rest of the time.

***************************************

You're driving down the road. It's 7pm and you're driving to the Delightful Mansion From Down the Lane to see Father. You're unaware of a certain cousin following you to see where you go. Kuki. She's on her bike and you're oblivious to her following you.

She's on her pink bike with Rainbow Monkeys on it. She says, "I'm serious. I don't think this Fabio guy is really Fabio. I may be a kid, but I know his name's not Fabio." She continues riding her bike.

She rides around and from a distance, she sees you parking your car right outside of the Delightful Mansion. She stops at the hill and she says, "What is she doing at the Delightful Mansion? Father and the Delightful Children live there." She rides her bike down the steep sidewalk to the mansion.

You get out of your car and you go through the gate after it opens. You walk to the front door and you head inside the mansion. Kuki is right outside and she says, "I wonder what she's up to if she's going in there."

She gets off her bike and she finds her way through the fence. She sneaks over to a window and she gets to it. It leads right in Father's office located downstairs. She opens it and she crawls in there.

She looks around and she sees nobody in there. But she looks to see a surveillance camera and she gets a piece of gum out. She puts it in her mouth and chews it. She gets it out and she throws it up on the camera lens to block it from seeing anything. She walks to the door and walks out of it.

She doesn't see the Delightful Children in sight, much to her luck. She says, "Phew." She sneaks over to the stairs and she sneaks up them, careful not to make too much noise. She hears this from Father, "Mm, I'm happy to see you here, my dear.~" She hears giggling from a female.

She walks over to the door and she quietly opens it, but just slightly. She peeks in and she sees the back of Father's chair. She hears kissing sounds and she whispers, "Who's in there?" She looks to see the chair turn around and her eyes widen in shock.

She sees Father... but you're sitting on his lap, kissing him. She gasps and she backs away, letting out a little squeal. She whispers, "She... she's dating Father! Our arch enemy." She leaves and heads out of the mansion. She gets on her bike and she says, "I... I'm just gonna pretend that didn't happen." She rides her bike back home.