Ch. 56: Katherine in Jail

In the juvenile detention center, Katherine is sitting in her cell, thinking about what she had done. It's been a week. She went to court and was found guilty for kidnapping a persons under the age of twelve. She's doing four years in juvie, so she'll be there until she's eighteen.

Right now, she's sitting in her cell as she hears her cell mate talking. Her cell mate... Andrea Whitman. She's in there for a hit and run, so she's actually in there a bit longer. Until she's twenty one. The man she hit is still alive and it happened a year ago. He was walking down the street and she drove right at him, hitting him. He's lucky to be alive.

Andrea says, "So. In for a kidnapping, huh?" Katherine sighs and says, "Yeah. But I didn't want to hurt him." She says, "Hey. At least you kidnapped a rich boy." Katherine says, "I don't care about the money, Andrea. I cared about HIM... too much. I still do. I called the Uno's three days ago and (Y/N) picked up. She told me Jasper was at his friend's house. I know he was there but she didn't want me to talk to him."

Andrea says, "Well, no offense girl. But you can't blame the woman. That is her son you've kidnapped. How old is he?" Katherine sighs and says, "He's eight. Six year difference between us. But he's unlike any other boy his age. There was something special about him that struck my heart."

Andrea says, "Oh well. At least YOU didn't almost kill someone." Katherine says, "No. But I did slip some sleeping pills into his grape juice after I took him from the Delightful Mansion and brought him to my place. Now I'm here until I'm eighteen." Andrea says, "Me until age twenty one, so don't feel too bad."

They hear their cell door open and the corrections officer is standing there. She says, "Alright, you two hot shots. Come on out of there and get to the cafeteria. Lunchtime." She stands aside. Katherine slips off the top bunk and Andrea gets up from the bottom since she's a bigger girl than Katherine.

They walk out and they walk down the cell block to the cafeteria. They get in there, get their trays, get some food slapped onto their tray, etc. Since it's jail food, it's not the most appetizing thing, but it is food nonetheless and that's what Katherine is gonna be eating for the next four years. They sit and they eat.

Katherine sighs and says, "I regret kidnapping him... but I don't regret one thing." Andrea says, "You're still in love with him, aren't you?" Katherine says, "Yes." She takes a bite of the food and says, "Ugh... not the best stuff. But... oh well. I'll get used to it." They eat the rest of the time.

************************************

Back at the Delightful Mansion, you and Benedict are in your room. Violet's laying down for a nap in her room. You and Benedict are kissing. He's got you held close and you have your arms around him.

He pulls away and he says, "Most beautiful damn thing in the world.~" You say, "I love you, Ben.~" He whispers, "You have no idea how much I love YOU.~" He leans back in to kiss you and you kiss him back.

You suddenly tug at his white shirt and you unbutton it, revealing his nicely toned chest. You run your fingers on it and he tugs at the bottom of your shirt. He leans down to kiss your neck and you say, "Mm, I love your mouth.~" He whispers, "I love yours too... elsewhere.~" You blush and you say, "Dirty man.~"

Suddenly, your phone rings and you both pull away. You grab your phone off the nightstand and you see that it's Linda Willis. Katherine's mom. Benedict says, "Who is it, honey?" You say, "It's Linda." He says, "Katherine's mom?" You nod and you answer it.

You say, "Hello? Linda?" You hear her say, "Hi, (Y/N)." "Hey, listen. It had to be done. She was kidnapping my son. I..." "It's alright, Mrs. Uno. You did what you had to. She's had problems for a long time. But there's a real reason she's like that." "What happened to her, Linda?" "She didn't have the greatest childhood, involving her father. Come by my house later and I'll tell you more about it. I'd rather tell you in person." "Okay. I'll be there, later. I just need to wait for Judith and Jasper to get home from school." "That's alright. Do what you need to do, Mrs. Uno. It wasn't necessary for my fourteen year old daughter to kidnap your eight year old son... but she's still my baby and I love her." "I'll come by, later." "Alright. I'll see you then."

After a talk with her you hang up. Benedict says, "What's that about going by Linda's house?" You look at him and you say, "She has something to tell me about Katherine. Something about her past life. Can't be good. I would know. I had an abusive mother until my aunt Genki took me away from her thirty years ago. But you know... my mama's gone, now."

He says, "Hey. Mine is too. She died right in front of me like yours did." You say, "But you were a lot younger. Just a baby, yourself." He says, "Still. The one woman I cared about as a child. The parent that gave a shit about me... dead. I was just Jasper's age, too."

You hear this, "Mommy! Daddy!" You hear footsteps running towards your door and you hear a knock. You and Benedict go to the door and you open it. There's Violet standing there, shaking. She has tears in her eyes.

You kneel down and you say, "Baby. What's wrong?" She says, "I... I peed." You say, "Peed? By yourself? That's no reason to cry honey." She says, "No... In my bed. I'm sorry." She sobs. Benedict says, "Oh crap." He kneels down and says, "H-honey. Honey, it's alright. The maids will get that, okay? Look. Daddy's not mad." She sniffles and you pick her up. You and Benedict stand up.

You hold her close and you softly says, "It's okay, our little fireball. Accidents happen. Bed wetting is common in young children. We're not mad." She hugs you and says, "I... do again, mommy!" You say, "Awe, honey. It happens."

Benedict says, "We'll have YOU use the bathroom right before bed, just to be safe. Just know we're not angry with you, sweetheart." He kisses her on the cheek. You do too. You say, "Let's give you a bath." You and Benedict bring her in and you take her into your bathroom to bathe her in there.