Ch. 49: Sneaky Son

Moments later, Katherine and the kids are in the living room watching TV and eating pizza. They're watching cartoons on the big screen on the wall. The flat screen TV is as big as Wallaby and Kuki's bedroom in their apartment, seeing that you guys are rich.

As they watch cartoons, Judith is too glued to her phone to pay attention to everything else around her and she eats her pizza. Jasper looks over at his sister and he looks at Katherine. He faces the TV and he scoots closer to her and he leans against her.

Katherine thinks nothing of it and she smiles saying, "Are you tired, sweet thing?" He wraps his arms around her arm and says, "No. I just like sitting close to you." Judith hears him, but doesn't care. She finishes her pizza and says, "I'll be back." Katherine, "Okay. We'll be here." Judith says, "Cool." She gets up and walks off, taking her phone.

Jasper sits there, watching cartoons with his babysitter. He suddenly hears this, "Jasper." He looks over at Katherine and says, "Yeah, Katherine?" She looks at him and says, "Can I ask you something?" He nods for yes.

She says, "Do you like me?" He smiles and says, "Yeah. I sure do. You're nice so far. Fun to have around." She says, "No, Jasper. I mean... do you LIKE like me?" He blushes and he looks over at her. He says, "W-what exactly do you mean?" She says, "Sweet thing... You know exactly what I mean." He blushes. She giggles and says, "Don't lie. You do, don't you?"

He says, "Y-yes. Exactly the way you think I do." He gulps and looks away. She says, "Awe, hey. Don't shy away.~" He looks at her. She smiles and says, "If anything, I'm more than happy. I'll let you hang out with me some more.~"

He says, "But you're in 8th grade. I'm in 2nd. And this will be the only time I see you. Here at my house" She says, "Sneak away from the elementary during recess. I'll be waiting by the bus stop for you." He says, "Y-you will?" She says, "Yeah. We can sneak away and get ice cream. Anything you want." He smiles at her. She smiles at him. They sit back and they watch cartoons.

****************************************

The next day, Jasper is at school. He and Damien are playing in the sandbox. Not really playing. Just sitting there, messing with the sand and talking. Damien says, "Dude. I heard you got a new babysitter." Jasper sighs and smiles saying, "She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in the whole world, man. The prettiest."

Damien grins and says, "Nice. Who is it?" Jasper says, "Her name's Katherine Willis. Don't tell anyone." Damien smirks and whispers, "Did you kiss her?" Jasper says, "Unfortunately not. But I'm supposed to see her during..." He gasps and whispers, "Recess. We're at recess right now!"

Damien says, "Holy crap, man! Go. Do it while you have the chance." Jasper gets up and says, "I'll see you later, Damien." Damien grins and says, "Let me know how it goes, Jasper. Friend to friend talk afterwards." Jasper says, "Got it." He walks off.

He sneaks off the playground of Gallagher Elementary and he gets to the bus stop. He sees Katherine sitting there. He runs over and she sees him. She says, "Jasper! There you are. What took you so long, sweet thing?~"

He says, "S-sorry. I almost forgot. Really." She smiles and says, "Let's go. I'll take you to get some ice cream with me." He smiles and she takes his hand. He takes her hand and she brings his hand up to kiss it. He blushes. She says, "Come with me." They walk off.

***************************************

Moments later, Jasper is at the ice cream shop with Katherine. He's wearing a fake mustache and Katherine told the employees there that he's a midget, so nobody suspects he's a kid playing hooky with his middle school crush and getting ice cream.

Jasper says, "Heh. Wow. Y..." He leans in and whispers, "Your fake mustache plan worked." She smiles and says, "I just wanted you with me. You understand?" He smiles and nods. She looks at him and she says, "Eat some more of your ice cream, cutie. You don't want it to melt." He smirks and says, "I think my heart melted at the sight of YOU.~" She smiles and says, "Awe. I wish half the guys in my class were half as charming and sweet as you are.~"

He eats his ice cream and he says, "I just hope my dad won't suspect that I'm gone." She says, "Don't worry. I'll get you back home after school ends. This is our secret. You can just tell your mom and dad that you got sick and threw up and had to come home." He smiles and says, "Yeah. I'll do that." They eat ice cream the rest of the time.

*****************************************

The next day, Jasper is up in his room. Luckily for him, you and Benedict didn't suspect that he was playing hooky. Turns out, Katherine brought him home and told you guys he threw up at school. You had called the school yesterday telling them that your son was absent halfway through school because he was sick. They got the message and told you to keep home for at least two days.

You and Benedict are in his office, talking. You say, "Poor baby threw up at school, yesterday." Benedict says, "I'm telling you. Some of those school lunches aren't good for you. That's why I hardly let our children eat the swill they make compared to what we have." You say, "Yeah. I know what you mean."

There's suddenly a ring of the door bell. Benedict says, "I've got that." You say, "Okay." He walks out of the office and to the front doors. He opens one and there stands Katherine. She says, "Hi, Mr. Uno. Is Jasper here? I've got something for him." He smiles and says, "He's upstairs in his room."

He lets her in and she walks upstairs. She finds his bedroom door and she knocks. She hears this, "Who is it?!" She says, "Katherine!" Right inside, Jasper gasps and smiles. He gets up from the floor after playing his XBox and he walks to the door.

He opens it and there stands Katherine. She smiles. He lets her in and she says, "Shut the door. I've got something for you." He shuts the door. She walks to his bed and sits down. He walks over and sits next to her.

She says, "I've got something for you, sweet thing. See?" She gets out a gift box. He says, "Wow. Y-you got me a present? A-and it's not even my birthday. I just turned eight this year." She smiles and says, "Open it up."

He unwraps it and he opens the box. It's a new XBox game. He says, "Wow. Call of Duty 20!" (This is set ten years from now. So you're aware. It's 2029.) She says, "Thought you might like that. I know you love your XBox." He says, "Wow. Thanks, Katherine." She looks at him and she says, "I'll be back later, tonight. I'll talk to you more when I get back. We can all hang out and watch scary movies if you'd like."

He grins and says, "Yes! I love horror movies. My mom says I gotta stop watching them out of fear that I'll have nightmares. Ha. I do it anyways." Katherine smiles and says, "Rebel much?" Jasper says, "I mean come on. My best friend is half a vampire."

She says, "Well listen, cutie. I'm gonna get going here. I'll be back later on tonight to watch you and your sisters." He smiles and says, "Okay." She says, "Be good.~" He looks at her. She leans in and gives him a peck right on the corner of his mouth. Just a quick smooch.

He blushes. She moves away and she smiles. She says, "Don't tell anyone I gave you that little kiss by your mouth." He says, "I won't." She gets up and says, "Bye now." She heads out. He sighs and smiles saying, "I want her around, everyday. I'm in love with her. I'm in love with my babysitter.~"

Katherine walks downstairs and you and Benedict see her. You say, "Hey, Katherine. How are you, hon?" She says, "Great. Jasper seems to be doing well. I got him a new XBox game." Benedict says, "Oh, he'll like that." She says, "He does. I knew he would. I'll get something for Judith and Violet, later. I'll see you guys later." You say, "Bye, Katherine." She heads out.