Ch. 20: New Arrival

Nine months pass. You're getting ready to have your baby anytime now. You're having a girl. Your aunt and uncle gave you gifts for the child. Kuki and Mushi picked out the gifts and Genki and Kani paid for them.

To your surprise, your dad Derek showed up a month ago and he had stuff for you as well. He told you this, "Be a better parent than I ever was. Than your mom especially was." You're in the kitchen right now. You told the maids to take a break and they did. You're in there, making something for yourself.

You've got your phone playing Circus For A Psycho by Skillet and you're dancing to it. You smirk and you say, "I love this band." Your toast pops up and you take it out. You end up making cinnamon toast and you eat that. You say, "I was craving this. After I have my little girl, I can eat lunch meats again."

You look down at your stomach and you rub it saying, "Really soon, sweetheart... we'll have you in our lives. Anytime now." You eat more of your cinnamon toast and you head out of the kitchen to look for Benedict.

You look around and you yell, "Babe?! Where are you?! Benedict!" You hear this, "Over here." You look over to see him, but as Father. You smile and you walk over to him. He pulls you closer to himself and he says, "Anytime now, sweetheart. She'll be here."

You smile and you say, "I know. I can't wait." You look down at your stomach and you say, "I'm spoiling the hell out of her. Giving her everything I never got from MY mom. Especially love." He says, "Yes. Raise her to do what we do. The Delightful Children will have to do as SHE says whenever she wants something. It's a good thing I've made it to where they'll grow older. I want them to remain the older siblings."

He looks at you and he says, "My old man would always tell me no on the things I've wanted as a kid. I promise our little girl... I won't say no to her." You sigh and you say, "I hope I'll be a good mom." He says, "You are. You're already great to the Delightful Children. They love you. You are... Mother."

You smile and you say, "Oh, Benedict. What would I do without you?~" He strokes your face and you blush. He looks at you and he says, "Same I gotta say to you, babe. Most beautiful thing in the world. And you're carrying MY child." You both lean in to kiss.

You hear this, "Father!" It was the Delightful Children. You and Father pull away and he looks upstairs yelling, "What is it, children?!" They yell, "The washer exploded again! There's soap everywhere!" You giggle. He says, "Aw crap. I'll be right back." You say, "Okay." He walks upstairs. You yell up, "Mama loves you guys!" You hear them yell, "We love you too, mother!"

You walk off and into the living room. You sit in the armchair and you sigh. You say, "Funny. I wonder how the soap explosion started up there in the first place. Kind of funny when you think about it. Shirley use to pull that prank on her mom by filling the whole house with suds."

You stifle a laugh and you say, "Oh, that was hilarious." You gasp and you lean forward. You look down to see something wet on the couch. You realize it and you gasp. You yell, "Ben! BENEDICT!!"

Right upstairs, Father and the Delightful Children hear you and they get downstairs as quick as they can. You yell, "Babe! Help!" He runs into the living room and he says, "(Y/N). What's wrong?" You look at him and you say, "My water broke."

His eyes widen and he yells, "Children! Get in the car! We're taking your mother to the hospital! She's having the baby!" They hear this and they yell, "Yes, father!" They get outside. Father brings you out and you pant a bit saying, "Oh shit! I... It's coming!" He says, "Hang on, honey. I've got you."

He gets you outside and into the limousine. He tells the driver, "The hospital. Step on it!" The driver says, "Yes, sir." He drives away and as you get down the road, you get your phone out and you make a call. He says, "You're calling someone right now?"

You say, "I gotta call my aunt! She... Ahh! She needs to know!" He says, "Let me tell her. You're going into labor for god sakes." You say, "Can I nngh, at least dial her number first?!" He says, "Fine." You pant a bit and you dial your aunt's number. You hand Father your phone and he takes it.

He gets this, "Hello? (Y/N)?" Father says, "No, this is Benedict. (Y/N)'s significant other. She's unable to talk to you right now, so we're calling you to let you know that she's having the baby." "Oh my god! I'm leaving right now. Thank you Mr. Uno." "Not a problem. She's getting here today. My baby will get here!" "We're on our way to the hospital."

After talking to her, he hangs up and he says, "She's on her way." You pant and you say, "G-good... I... Oh god!" The Delightful Children look at you kind of worryingly. You pant and you say, "Ch-children. Mama's fine! Just... having the baby soon is all! Ahh!" You get taken to the hospital.

*******************************************

Moments later, the Delightful Children are in the lobby, waiting. Father is up in the room with you while you give birth to your daughter. They suddenly see the Sanban's walking in. They say, "Oh great. It's Kuki Sanban. Wait... This is her cousin. I forgot."

They see Kuki and she sees them. She says, "Um. Hi." They say, "Hello... Kuki." She says, "Yeah yeah. I know. But come on. (Y/N)'s my cousin." They sigh and they say, "We know. She still loves you and your annoying little sister, no matter what side she's on."

Kuki says, "Just this once, we can't fight. Not around the baby. Not around my little cousin." The Delightful Children realize she's right and they look at her saying, "Agreed. Not around our little sister." Genki and Kani sit. Mushi sits with them and says, "When is the baby gonna get here?" Genki says, "Really soon, dear. (Y/N)'s giving birth right now."

***************************************

About two hours go by. You're sitting back on the hospital bed. You've got something wrapped in a white blanket. It's her. The baby. She's looking up at you. You smile down at her. Father sees her and he sighs. He comes over and he says, "Th-there she is. My... my baby. My actual child."

The baby looks over at her daddy and she coos. He says, "Babe. Let me see our daughter." You say, "Okay." He takes the baby and he holds her in his arms. He feels tears in his eyes and he says, "I love her so much. She's... so beautiful." You smile and you say, "Yes she is." 

He says, "What are we gonna name her? We still haven't thought of it." You say, "Hmm. I really like the name... Judith." He looks down at Judith and says, "Judith Uno. Perfect. Pretty name." You smile.

Right downstairs in the lobby, a doctor gets to the others and says, "She's here. Judith Uno." The Delightful Children gasps and they say, "Our sister." Kuki gasps and she grins. She says, "She's here! She's here!"

Mushi says, "Mama! Daddy! Can we see her?" Kani says, "Yes, honey. Really soon." She says, "Yay!" The doctor says, "They're upstairs in room B-10. Come with me." They all get up and follow the doctor to have them see Judith.